Chapter 5: Come Back To Me

(Killian's POV)

The hospital was only a block away from Granny's so I didn't call her family as I ran her to the hospital. Her slight frame was limp in my arms, and I carried her bridal style into the large white medical building. When I entered the building it was late at night, and there was barely anyone around. Luckily there was a nurse at the front desk; I was frantic to get my Swan help. "Get me Whale!" she looked panicked, and I could tell she was new. "Now bloody hell!" I yelled at her, and she franticly ran down the hall. Another nurse heard me, and directed me to a room where I could set Emma down. We walked past a corridor at the worst time possible, and ran into Snow who was delivering flowers to patients, and immediately started sobbing at the sight of her unconscious daughter.

Snow followed us into the room, and I set Emma down. Everything settled in further as she lay limp on the examination table. "Come back to me Swan, I need you." I whispered, and I took her hand, in mine, and wished she would entwine her fingers with mine. "Bloody hell Emma, what did you get yourself into?" I continued. "The bloody Crocodile's curse did this to you. Emma, you were so brave to sacrifice yourself, but I swear if this curse- I don't know what I'll do." I started crying slightly, seeing her like this reminded me of Liam. Snow placed a hand on my shoulder she was crying- well sobbing and I turned, and hugged her, knowing both of us needed comforting.

"What happened?" She asked.

"Emma..." I paused before answering, looking at her beautiful body on the table. "The Dark One's curse caught up to her, and she got mad at Regina. She started choking her with her magic, and when she finally got back to normal she passed out." I said leaning over her body, and kissing her forehead. Snow left the room to call David, as the doctor came in. He examined her before turning to me.

"Well, I can tell you she is healthy- the problem is magical, not medical. What's happening is her heart is being consumed by darkness. That if not stopped, is going to put her in a coma, or kill her. She is only going to get worse, so you're going to have to cure her, soon. But, she should wake up soon." He said. Then, he left the room, and told Emma's parents what he told me, leaving Emma, and I alone.

I pulled a chair next to the table, in case she didn't wake up for a while.

***

(Emma's POV)

I woke up with a pounding feeling, in my head. Though, the pain faded as I focused on the white sterile ceiling. I felt someone's warm, calloused hand in mine, and I knew who's it was long before I looked at him- he was tired with his head hanging, and dark circles underneath his perfect sea blue eyes. "Killian?" I asked with a hoarse voice. His head immediately rose, and he smiled, a brilliant, perfect smile. He pressed his lips to mine, and I wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him close over me on the medical table. "I'm fine Killian." I said, and then I realized why I was here, and stood up immediately- still acutely aware how close we were standing (very). "Is Regina okay?' I started rambling. "I didn't mean to! I didn't mean any of what I said, we need her she is my best friend, without her I wouldn't have Henry, I wouldn't have my parents, I wouldn't have you. It's this darkness, I can't help-" He interrupted me, puling me even closer to him- which I didn't think was possible, but didn't mind at all.

"Swan I know that, she knows that, we all understand. Emma, you scared me to bloody death, you are my world." He picked me up, and set me on the table, with my legs around his waist, and kissed me. My dad walked in to check on me, and I swear he nearly vomited.

"Nope, can't do it." He said, and left grumbling on his way out. Killian and I literally burst out laughing at his abrupt exit. I walked out to greet my parents, which resulted in a family group hug. Surprisingly, my dad pulled Killian into the hug, which caused my mom, and I to giggle. Once our giant group hug was done I went to search for Regina. I arrived at her house, and knocked on her door. When she opened it she had a fearful look on her face, but before she could close it on me I spoke. "Regina I'm so sorry, It was the darkness not me, I don't believe any of what I said." I explained.

"Come in, we both could use someone to talk to." She said, and ushered me in.

"Regina, look, I want you to know you are my best friend, and I'm so happy you finally get your happy ending, and that was the whole reason I took the darkness for you. It was so worth it, and I know you will find Merlin, but we need tot find him fast. I just came back from the hospital, and they said if we don't defeat the darkness, I could go comatose, or die." I explained.

"Well then," She said pulling Henry's book from her bag. "Let's find ourselves a sorcerer."

***

(Killian's POV)

Emma and I were sitting, and drinking hot cocoa with cinnamon. I looked into her emerald eyes, and smiled sadly. "Killian, what's wrong?" She asked me.

"I was just so afraid of losing you, when I saw you passed out today. Emma..." I was talking quietly to her, with her hand wrapped around my hook, resting on my thigh. "I don't even know what I'd do without you. You can't even fathom how much I love you-" I was about to go on, when she kissed me. Unlike our Neverland kiss, this was soft, and sweet. When we broke apart we realized how late it was.

Before I exited her parents loft we embraced each other, and she whispered in my ear. "I do understand how much you love me, because I feel it too." And with that we kissed, and parted ways.

***

Lots of C.S. moments! I love them so much, like they are the cutest couple EVER! Read on and ship away!