Chapter 10: Some Bonds Cannot Be Broken

(Emma's POV)

Henry, and I were spending the day together; something we haven't done in a while. Ina all honesty I missed my son. We were sitting outside Granny's just having fun, eating, and laughing. "I'm really proud of what you did, Henry." I admitted. Even with the darkness within me I could still feel all the love I had for my son. Our true love.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"With giving up the quill, it was smart, and brave. You made a true hero's sacrifice, and I'm proud of you kid." He blushed slightly, smiling at the thought of him being a true hero.

"It was the right thing to do." He said with a smile. "How are you, and Killian?" I smiled at Henry's use of Killian's real name, and at the fact that he was seemingly okay with our relationship. Killian seemed to be like a second father to Henry. "He makes you happy. And, I'm grateful he gave you your own storybook happy ending. Your own true love."

"You are too; my two true loves are giving me hope. Hope that I can fight my darkness."

"I believe that you can." Henry said. Holding his hot cocoa, and cinnamon as Killian walked up to us.

"I don't mean to intrude." He said, scratching the back of his head. "But, may I join?" He asked nervously. I was about to look to Henry for an answer, but he spoke before I could.

"Yeah, of course Dad."

***

(Killian's POV)

"Yeah, of course Dad." Henry said. I couldn't believe what he had said, and I was too stunned to respond. Dad... Dad... I simply hugged the lad, happy that he felt the same about our growing relationship. What he said next, surprised me just as much. "When's the wedding?" He asked, an amused look on his face.

"Anyways," Emma said, changing the subject, "Henry, we have to tell you something. Weave to go to the Enchanted Forest." She admitted.

"Before, he could respond, Regina burst through the door, she looked as if she had ran here, and she was slightly out of breath. "I found a way to get there." She whispered.

"What? How?" Emma asked, with a grateful look. But, before she could explain, Emma turned back to Henry. "Look, I'm so sorry; I don't want to leave. But, I'm not sure I can hold on to the light for much longer. I don't want to put you guys through that. We have to go to look for clues, so we can find Merlin, and end this." She explained.

"I understand." Henry said, with a tight hug to Emma, and Killian.

***

(Regina's POV)

I walked over to Henry giving my son a reassuring hug. I then answered Emma's questions. "It was actually my first time using magic." I explained, which caused some concerned looks from the Savior, and the Pirate. "It's a looking glass; an enchanted mirror that acts as a portal."

"I sense a 'but' coming." Killian murmured.

"But, a looking glass is a one way trip. You have to find a way back on your own."

***

Thanks for reading! Enchanted Forest chapters coming soon!