Chapter 11: An Enchanted Journey

(Emma's POV)

I look completely ridiculous. I thought to myself. Regina was having me use one of her dresses, so I would blend in when I got to the Enchanted Forest. It was a hooded black dress, it had black bell sleeves with black feathers along the whole garment. The dress had a silver clasp at the neck, and a silver belt crested with intricate designs. I heard someone clear their throat, and enter the room. It was my parents, my Mom's jaw was practically on the floor, and my Dad's eyes were widened in surprise. "Emma," Snow gasped. "You look beautiful."

I blushed, smiling self consciously at the floor, flattered at their praise. "Thank you." I muttered. Just then, a warm chuckle rang from the doorway, and I knew exactly who it was.

"That's much better, Swan." He teased. He was in his pirate garb, and a wave of nostalgia hit me as I saw the tight leather that clung to his body.

"And, you look like the dashing rapscallion I remember." I mocked. He walked over and put his hands on my clinched waist, before being reminded of my parent's presence with a disapproving scoff from my father.

"I'm glad you guys enjoy my suffering." I grunted clutching my protesting abdomen. That received a chorus of laughter from my family.

"One of the upsides to being pregnant there: no corsets." She added with a joking sigh. More laughter filled the room, reminding me of just how much I was going to miss my parents. I looked over at the mirror laying near the door, waiting for the spell to be cast on it, it was a tall pane of pristine glass with an intricate silver border. Our ticket out if here. But, what will be our ticket home? Regina walked in, signaling that it was time to cast the spell.

We left the apartment, my parents driving in their truck, and Killian, Regina, and I in the bug. We drove to Gold's cabin, we would open the portal in the woods near there to avoid anyone getting transported accidentally. The woods outside were warm and bright with lots of birds flying around. On the edge of a clearing the mirror rested against a tree it's silver metal contrasting with the lush grass, and rough bark. Killian opened my door for me -always the gentleman- and led Regina and I to the mirror. My parents were there waiting for us.

Regina handed me a vail full of a blue potion, which I was instructed to pour on the mirror. Then, Regina and I used our magic thrusting it towards the mirror with our hands. The mirror turned the color of the potion, a beautiful crystal blue, then back to it's normal reflective color. "You only have to step into the mirror, and it will transport you to wherever the spell instructs it to- in this case, the Enchanted Forest." She explained.

I reached a tentative finger into the glass, it was as if the mirror had liquified. The blue liquid rippled when you touched, and had a sort of gravitational effect; so when you start to go into it, you can't get out. Killian took my hand, and with one last goodbye we stepped through the mirror.

***
(Killian's POV)

There was a bright light surrounding us, we shielded our eyes squinting against the light. Then, as if the ground was taken from beneath us we were falling. My stomach felt like it was in my throat, and my chest pinged with anxiety my, my head hurt from the drop in elevation, and when the light receded we were on the ground with broken glass strewn around us.

I looked over to check if Emma was okay. She laid on the ground, her black gown billowing around her. With a groan she started to sit up, and I walked over to help her. Once she was on her feet, I wrapped my arms around her and whispered in her ear. "Welcome back, Love."

"It's good to be back." She whispered with a smile. We saw a stable in the morning air, not too far from here; the wooden walls were surrounded by fog, and vivid greenery. We walked in, and bought two horses; Emma's was white with a cream mane, and grey speckles, and mine was a carmel color with a black mane. We saddled up and kicked the horses sides with our heels forcing them into a canter. Luckily we could see Rumple's castle in the distance, and started down the mountain trails in that direction. And with that, our journey began.

***

Thanks for reading! Sorry this took so long! More to come!