Chapter 20: The Proposal

(Killian's POV)

I walked up to the white manor. I was hesitant and slightly intimidated. Everything about this was making me nervous. What if she says no? What if I mess everything up completely? It seemed as if every bad scenario has run through my head by the time 'Madame Mayor' answered the door.

"What can I do for you, Pirate?" She answered with a smirk and a sassy tone.

"I need your help." I said. I took a deep breath before, continuing. "I'm proposing to Emma and I need to make it perfect, and setting everything up is a little hard with one hand." I said, waving my hook. I then handed her some sketches of what I wanted to do, a date in the forest, surrounded by lights.

"Wow..." She said admiring the plans. "So what do you need me to do?" She said with an excited smile, as she admired her own ring.

"I know you and Robin just got engaged, and I was hoping- since you are Emma's best friend- that you would  use your magic to help me set up, and everything." I said.

"It would be my pleasure." She said with a smile.  And with that we set out to search for the perfect place in the woods.

It took hours of trekking before we found the perfect place. That's when Regina worked her magic- literally. She created the arch first, it was a beautiful tunnel made completely of vine, and hedge, with flowers popping out here and there. The top of the tunnel was then decorated in cascading lights that marked our path, the bottom of the tunnel was also lighted in each side. Then at the end of the tunnel, Regina made a large beautiful tree. The trunk and branches were wrapped completely in lights, and we hung small lanterns from the leaves, and placed a large lantern and some flowers on a table set for two. Lastly, we made a dance floor. The forest floor was transformed, into a shining, polished wood beneath the table. The floor continued out, and led to a fountain, and then the wood stopped. The fountain was framed by a wooden parlor, which was also lined with sparkling lights. Surrounding the fountain, were several walkways that spanned the forest, which were also lined by lights.

My jaw practically dropped to the floor. "Wow..." Was all I could muster. Then, I turned to Regina. "Thank you this is perfect!" I said sincerely.

We then embraced in a short hug, "Anything for a friend." She said. "I know she will say yes." She said slyly with a wink, and with that she used her magic to teleport her out of the forest.

I quickly made my way out of the woods, and to the Croc- Rumple's shop. I entered warily, not sure what type of greeting I would receive. The clanging of a bell brought Rumple to the counter. "What can I do for you, Hook?" He said, with a slightly disapproving stare.

"Actually it's Killian now." I corrected him. "And, I need your help. I'm proposing to Emma and I need to know if you can make a replica of her parent's ring.... You do still have magic, right?"

"Yes, I do. Though, I'm not quite as powerful as I used to be, and I will need the original to make it."

And with that I ran out of Gold's shop, towards the Charmings' apartment. I quickly knocked on the door. Snow answered with baby Neal in her arms. I was going to ask for her help, but a kettle screeched from inside the apartment. I immediately realized she was making hot cocoa with cinnamon. "Here, let me help." I said, and she placed baby Neal in my arms. I was careful not to hurt him with my hook. Once, I had got him into a safe position I gently rocked him. He smiled, all gums, and no teeth, and it was enough to make me smile as well.

***
(Emma's POV)

I watched from the top of the stairs as my mom handed Killian baby Neal. It was the cutest thing I had ever seen. Killian and Neal smiled at each other, and I swear my whole world just lit up. Then, once my mom had left the hot cocoa to cool, he handed him back to her, and I snuck away, realizing that some day, I wanted that.