Prologue

Harry's POV:

Again, I try pulling at the strong handcuffs which hold my arms back. They're wrapped so tightly around my wrists and chained to the cold, brick wall behind me. I sigh and give up as my wrists don't budge. Pausing for a minute, I listen to the drip-drip sounds of a broken pipe, hiding somewhere in the darkness. I look at my, once white, now muddy and filthy socks. The dampness makes the socks stick to my feet. I want to cry, but I'm deeply de-hydrated. I throw my head back, thumping the wall behind me, and my hair falling over my shoulders in a tangly-mess. 

I hear footsteps coming from the darkness. My eyes snap open as I shift my body, my back pressed tightly up against the cold, wet, wall. I don't dare ask who's there. I already know. I watch as a pair of black socks appear in the light by me. She walks closer to me, the sunlight from outside revealing her beige leggings and pink cardigan. She glances above where I sit, to look out of the small window, before kneeling down to me. 

I stare at her beauty; chiseled jaw with freckles scattered all across her face, long orange hair which cascades over her back and shoulders, and beautiful bluey-greeny eyes. "Why are you doing this to me?" I cough, the dryness from my mouth agitating my throat.

"Because I must." She replies, reminding me of her soft, fruity voice. She places her gentle hand onto my neck, forcing me to tilt my head back as she pours some water into my mouth. I choke a little as I swallow it, water spilling from the corners of my mouth. She slowly releases her grip.

"Let me go." I try shouting at her, but my shout comes out as a tired whisper. She strokes my cheek with her hand, her touch is so gentle but it sends stings through my face as her hand moves over my bruises. Without saying another word, she stands up and walks back into the darkness, out of sight. I hang my head down, breathing heavily. I lean forwards, pulling my arms with my chest. But the handcuffs remain locked around my wrists. I sigh in defeat and allow it to pull me back against the wall as I close my eyes. I have no energy left.