OUAD chapter 2- start of something new

Chapter 2- Start Of Something New

Destiny's pov

18 years after the wedding (main part of the story)

Finally.

I can get out of this place.

I am legally an adult.

I can do whatever I want.

I am finally going to leave the orphanage, like I have been dreaming about for years.

"Thanks Tee, for everything you have done over the years." I say, holding back the tears. Tee, short for Tiana, has been volunteering here since she was 6. She is now 22. She has medium length black hair, dark skin and chocolate brown eyes. She is very pretty. Naveen is lucky to have her. " I'm going to miss you. You were a great friend to me in my time of need. You still are. And tell Naveen, I'm going to miss him, too. We have to keep in touch." I say, letting the tears fall. Tee and Naveen (her boyfriend) were my family. They were always there for me, ever since I got here when I was one. They always looked out for me and cared for me when I was too young to.

"Okay Destiny. Just remember, like I always say, never lose sight on what is really important in life." That is like Tee's saying, you only hear her say it. If anyone else says it, it doesn't give you the same effect it does when she says it.

"And Sammi, take care of my baby girl here." Tee says aiming it towards Sammi, my best friend who I met here at the orphanage. She turned 18 a year ago and she got her own apartment. I'm going to move in with her, while she "tries" to take care of me. I'm not that easy of a person to handle. I sometimes (all the time) have sugar highs without the sugar. The sugar makes it crazier, better, and funnier. I also could be kind dramatic. Just a bit of a habit.

Then all of a sudden Melissa, this five year that is like a daughter to me, runs up to me and gives me a hug and starts to cry.

"I'm gonna miss you Dessy." She says through the tears as I start cracking up because I love her nickname for me.
"I'm going to miss you too." I say.

After a few minutes of use crying in each others arms, Sanmi says, "No you won't."
"And why is that Sammi?" I ask with Melissa right behind me asking, "yeah, why?" She is so cute. I love this child.
"Because I officially adapted Melissa with you, Destiny, as the parent." Sammi says excitedly.
"What?!? Are you serious?" Melissa and I say in unison, besides her saying of serious, again, sooo cute.Then Sammi joins in on our big group hug. Nothing can ruin this day now. I got my best friend and now my DAUGHTER!!! Nothing can make this any better or any worse.

I guess I spoke to soon. As Melissa, Sammi and I are about to leave, Mrs. Vanessa comes into view ready to say something to ruin my day. But I won't let her get to me today. This is the happiest day of my life.

"Bye Destiny. I am going to miss you..... not. Wish you a terrible life. Sorry I won't be there with you to make my wish come true." Oh my, really? She has to ruin such a happy day for me. "What do you want Mrs. Vanessa? I'm trying to enjoy myself today." I say finally standing up for myself against her. She is the meanest "mother" we have at the orphanage. She is always down talks to all of us, and I can't stand it. I knew she wasnt going to let me leave with her ruinning it. I'm totally not going to miss her at all. I might as leave before she says something that really hurts my feelings.

As I walk out of the building, and do that dramatic turn, to look at the building, (I'm a weird person) it starts to down pour. The tears kept on coming and coming and coming. Then I feel a hug on my legs from Melissa, but i just ignore it because I have to remember all the good memories. This is where everything happened. I learned to talk, had my first kiss, my first date and met my best friends here and my new daughter here. I always wanted to get out of there, but now, I'm scared to see what the world has planned for me now. I hope it's all an uphill battle from here. I hope it's nothing like my parents went through. My life has been rough before I came here. My parents le...........

"Come on. Let's go home." Sammi says interrupting my thoughts. Thank goodness she did. I would have started crying more than I already have, if that's possible.

"Are you sad, Dessy? You were crying before." She says in her cute adorable voice.
"Yea, I'm fine. This is just difficult for me. I lived here for my whole life, eighteen years. Leaving, I'm going to have to get used to that."

On the car ride home, Sammi tells us we have a two-storied house. It is like a log cabin. She also said that one room has a balcony.
"I call the room with a balcony. I also want to share a room with Melissa." I yell while Sammi's driving causing her to almost get in an accident. Opps.
"Sorry Sammi." I say feeling bad of almost getting us into a car accident.
"Don't make me get my frying pan out when we get home and smack you on the head with it. Oh, and also for making me feel good. You wanted to share a room with Melissa and not me." She replies and jokes. Now I feel kinda bad. The thought of going to a place I can call home starts to make me feel better.

"Yes Mommy Direction." I call her.
"Why do you call Sammi Mommy Direction?" Melissa asks.
"I call Sammi Mommy Direction because I don't have a mommy and we are HUGE fans of One Direction. Probably their biggest fans." I respond to Melissa's cute question.

My favorite is Harry Styles. He is my favorite because he is my age, hot, has a great voice, hot and super adorable. I also like Louis and Liam and Niall and Zayn. That's all of them. Hahaha!

"Where's your head now?" Sammi asks, knowing the answer already.
"In One Direction world. Lol." I say jokingly.
"Of course. Haha!" Sammi says over the loud music. Whenever we listen to One Direction, we put the stereo on as loud as it can go. All of a sudden Little Things turned on, one of our favorite sings, and we both start to sing. Well I scream/sing.

Your hand fits in mine
like it's made just for me.
But bear this in mind,
it was meant to be

And I'm joining up the dots
with the freckles on your cheeks
And it all makes sense to me.

I know you've never loved
The crinkles by your eyes
When you smile,
You've never loved
Your stomach or your thighs

The dimples in your back
At the bottom of your spine
But I'll love them endlessly

I won't let these little things
Slip out of my mouth
But if I do
It's you
Oh it's you
They add up to
I'm in love with you
And all these little things

You can't go to bed
Without a cup of tea
And maybe that's the reason
That you talk in your sleep
And all those conversation
Are the secrets that I keep
Though it makes no sense to me

I know you've never loved the sound of your voice tape
You never want to know how much weigh
You still have to squeeze into your jeans
But you're perfect to me

I won't let these little things
Slip out of my mouth
but if it's true
It's you
Oh it's you
They add up to
I'm in love with you
And all these little things

You'll never love yourself
Half as much as I love you
You'll never treat yourself right darlin'
But I want you to
If I let you know
I'm here for you
Maybe you'll love yourself like I love you

Oh..

I've just let these little things
Slip out of my mouth
Because it's you
Oh it's you
It's you
They add up to
And I'm in love you
And all these little things

I won't let these little things
Slip out of my mouth
But if it's true
It's you
It's you
They add up to
I'm in love with you
And all your little things

"Lovely singing!" Melissa says. We all really think Sammi should become famous. She is an amazing singer.

"Thank you, but I should be saying that to you, Destiny. You have an amazing voice." Sammi says, jokingly because I sing like a dying seal. She doesn't want to become famous, which is sa because she has such a beautiful voice.

"Why don't you want to become famous? You are an amazing singer." I asked confused. Why let a beautiful voice like hers go to waste?
"Because that's not what is important to me. Why don't you want to become famous." She says, her eyes still on the road. That silenced me up, because I can't sing.
"Then what's important to you Sammi?" I say curiously.
"What's important to me is that we all are safe, happy and healthy." She says. When she says stuff like that, I can never respond to that. She has a great mind. If she wasn't such a good singer, she probably could be the next Albert Einstein, as a girl.
********************************
A few moments later

"I have a surprise for you guys when we get inside." Sammi says to Melissa and I as we enter the house.
"What is it?" We say excitedly an in unison, as I walk towards the couch, bringing Melissa with me, cause who doesn't like presents? "I have two. Here is the first one." She says giving Melissa a box with holes in it. As she takes off the lid, something small, brown and furry jump on top of us and starts licking my face. Before I can say anything, Sammi says, "His name is Maximus." Yeah! I always wanted a dog. Man, this one is so cute. I love him.

After a little of playing with Maximus or trying to, I was trying to teach him tricks, Sammi throws some envelope at me.

"What's this?" I question.
"Open it to find out." When I finally open it, the envelope falls out of my hand. I can't believe. Sammi's taking me, Melissa, Maximus, Tee and Naveen to......
********************************
I updated for a certian someone one, so I hope you are happy. This dedication goes to mrcrow!!!! I will update soon. Have a nice day! Please note and comment, I would really like that. Thanks.