No Going Back Granger

Start from the beginning

"What?"

"Ginny, what happened? I've known you long enough to know that when you blush, you've had a run in with a boy."

"Oh..." Her voice trailed off as she looked down to her plate a guilty look running through her brown eyes.

"Ginny! You didn't! You didn't cheat on Harry! You love Harry-"

"No! I didn't...I was walking down here to explain to Harry what happened with Neville before when...when...Neville pulled me aside just out there. He kissed me Hermione and then ran off...I didn't do anything! I would never cheat on Harry!" Hermione looked into her friends pleading eyes and she smiled hugging Ginny.

"I thought he liked Luna though?"

"Luna? Oh she's dating what's his name."

"Who?"

"Um...him." Hermione followed Ginny's finger and her eyes almost popped from her brain.

"Luna's dating HIM!?!"

"Yeah," Suddenly, Ginny didn't seem to care about the kiss she was more focused on her eggs as Hermione stared wide eyed at the boy who she never thought in her dreams Luna would have ever decided to date let alone him date her! Why?

Well for one they were a Slytherin and for two...it was Gregory Goyle! 

Seems maybe more people have changed then she thought.

~~

Hermione ran down the halls towards her Potions class, she was late deciding to take Ginny to her class first so they could talk about Neville and now she was regretting it big time! She was never late and just the thought was killing her.

Finally reaching the cold class lit only by a few candles, Hermione burst through the doors causing Slughorn to pause half way through his lecture and turn to face her, every other student had either stared at her in shock of chuckled whispering among themselves.

Turning a bright sting of red, Hermione walked towards the front trying to get her breathing back as she got confused looks from Harry and Ron. Looking around Hermione realised the only seat available was behind none other then Malfoy.

"Sorry Professor." She whispered as she passed Slughorn and took her seat right at the back by herself.

"Late for class Granger, what a good start." Malfoy whispered winking at her as Blaise burst into laughter not catching the real meaning behind his words, "Maybe next time you'll be late because you were doing something you shouldn't."

"Please, like Granger knows what bad is." Pansy huffed from Blaise side leaning to close the gap between the desks.

Hermione rolled her eyes and pulled her books from her bag ignoring them both.

"To begin this class I would like you all to get partner uped! But I shall choose since I have a feeling you'll all gather with your friends. Right, you will be attempting to make a 'Anti-Nightbrutalus' can anyone tell me what a Nightbrutalus curse is first?"

The first hand that shot from the class was Hermione's and Slughorn nodded towards her.

"A curse or hex sent at someone to cause them nightmares for at least two weeks. Within these nightmares the victim sufferers a long term of paranoia and sometimes can lead to suicide depending of the mental strength of the victim." Slughorn nodded, impressed.