Haunting at the Hampton Inn

From June to now, I've experienced a lot of hauntings while working there. I was told that the Hampton Inn was built on top of a burial ground, since Murfreesboro is known for Stones River, the place is basically packed with dead civil war soldiers, a very rude woman from 206, and a man from the fourth floor.

Around mid to late June, we had a pretty bad thunderstorm. Lights were flickering, you can hear the rain tapping against the window, but something was strange. (Note: I worked there as an housekeeper) I walked back into the hallway trying to grab something off my cart until I saw a man. Tall, olive green shirt, just looking right at the window. And all of the sudden, he began to make some weird sounds, which sounded like he was inhaling pretty loudly. I turned and went back into the room, but I wasn't the only one who heard it. I heard a kid asked his mom, "What's that, mommy?" After a couple of minutes, I came back into the hallway. No one was there.

December : I was checking to see if anyone on my list was checked out, so I began knocking on doors. When I knocked on 206, I heard a loud "what!" My first thought was 'Okay? She's in a bad mood.' I stood there hoping she'll open up the door, I heard a lot movement coming from the bathroom. By the time my supervisor was here, I'd told her about 206. She called front desk, which is Caroline. According to her the guest checked out early that morning, so my supervisor knocked and opened up the door. To our surprise, the room was empty. My supervisor told me that it was normal for us to experience this, since the hotel is built on top of a burial ground. When we left the room, it sounded as if someone was dragging something across the floor. Later throughout the month, we had an complaint about 418. According to Caroline, the guest told her that she felt a presence, but not a good one. When I walked in, I felt like my heart dropped to my stomach. The presence had a sad, depressing feeling to it.

This month: Now, if you're on the second floor you'll hear movement, someone calling out your name, and if you're really quiet and in room 206 you could hear someone quickly saying they can't breathe. On the fourth floor, you'll hear movement, you'll see figures walking, and talking. 418 and 206 are the only rooms that has the most activity.