Chapter 9

Nialls pencil moved with ease across the thin paper notebook sat on his desk in front of him. He jotted down every note that was written on the board. Although Niall wasn't very fond of history class, he did know how to take good notes as well as keep up with his teachers mumbles.

"Louis, why aren't you taking notes?" Mr. Douglas asked. Mr. Douglas hadn't spoken in a good few minutes so the soft noises of the pencil tapping of the many students had ceased. A loud silence had filled the classroom as all eyes were set on Louis- Niall included.

"I.." Louis' voice had trailed off and he just sat staring back at his teacher.

Niall was slightly confused as to why Louis was here. He wasn't in Mr. Styles class nor was he in gym in the first two hours. Josh had seemed slightly down this morning as well and kept quite to himself.

Niall couldn't help but notice an extremely large difference that was shown on Louis today. Louis usually has his hair styled, it could have been a quiff or even a fringe, but today it jut sat stirred up onto his head. Sure Louis was known for a messy bed-head type look but it was usually tamed or with gel of some sort to keep it in place- today it was everywhere.

Niall also took notice of the dark circles under Louis' eyes. Niall had known that Louis had a bit of shade under his eyes but today was far from that. Today Louis' under eyes had what looked like two rings of circles under them and it looked like he hadn't gotten one ounce of sleep from the previous night. As well as the circles, Louis' usual bright blue eyes that could easily be seen from afar were today an almost grey.

Apart from all that Louis' usual tan skin was drained of all color. Niall knew about Louis being keen on fashions and clothes so it made no since as to why he was wearing a grey sweater along with grey jeans.

But the thing that really made Niall aware Louis wasn't himself was the large purple bruise on his neck. Niall knew that that love bite couldn't have just been settled onto him. That mark was forced upon Louis- maybe even with extreme access.

Niall had seen Louis like this many times in the years he's known him, but never so... washed out.

Niall's eyes moved to Mr. Douglas as he waited for a response.

Louis had shifted into his seat and looked at the floor. "I forgot my bag."

Mr. Douglas nodded hesitantly, him and the rest of the class surprised by Louis not having some sort of witty or inappropriate comment to follow after.

"Right," Mr. Douglas said looking out into his students. "Will someone please lend Mr. Tomlinson a pen and paper?"

For some odd reason Niall found himself with confidence as his hand was put into the air.

Mr. Douglas, as well as the rest of the class held a surprised look once again, this time more surprised than before. Along with everyone else in the classroom, Niall was also surprised with himself.

Niall pulled out a notebook that he hadn't yet used as well as a black pen that was at the bottom of his satchel and walked over to Louis.

The class had gone back to working though a couple were peaking up catching attention from the moving boy in front of him. It was weird to not see Niall whimpering below Louis. This was whole new scene for the class to witness.

Niall continued his steps forward until he was directly beside Louis' seat. Niall laid down the orange notebook followed by the pen.

" Thanks, Niall." Louis says, his voice groggy.

A smile wasn't what you could call Louis' expression but it defiantly looked sincere, something Niall has never seen from his bully.

Niall modded and went back to his seat returning to the section of notes he didn't finish before.

At the end of class Nialls paper was full of notes about a few British wars that took place in areas around here. He also had a few other pages that were for extra notes which Niall didn't really need but he felt they'd be essential.

Niall gathered his things and left the classroom gripping onto his bag strap. As he was about to turn the corner for the cafeteria an arm had gripped his shoulder. He turned around and was met with Louis.

Niall immediately squeezed his eyes shut waiting for pact of Louis' heavy fist.

To Nialls dismay, no punch came. Niall gulped and slowly opened his eyes to be met with Louis'.

Louis' eyebrows were different, much different then Niall had ever seen. "I'm not going to hit you." Louis said, his voice slightly cracking and Niall had realized that Louis' eyebrows were almost considered to be in pain- saddened even.

"I just wanted to say thank you." Louis said holding up the orange notebook. Louis continued, "Also sorry I couldn't make it yesterday."

Nialls breath caught in his throat as relief washed over him.

Sorry? No, thank you, Niall thought.

"I have plans this week so don't go behind the bowling alley, alright?" Louis finished.

Niall nodded quickly as he gripped tighter onto his bag, His knuckles white. Louis gave one last nod before pushing past Niall and walking into the cafeteria leaving a very confused Niall walking in minutes later.

*****

Hi!! sorry is this short? I wrote it on my phone so I don't really know how many pages it is but I'm pretty sure it's short... oops.

Sorry for no Narry in this but it will definitely come! don't you worry >:) they're gonna be lotsssss.

Anyways, what do you think happened to Louis? DundundunDUN. Comment what you think happened!:D Thanks for reading lovelies!:D