Chapter five

Jane glanced at the attendant, shocked obviously.

"Where is she?" she asked her hopefully.

"I am afraid I don't know Jane. I just came here early morning. She was already gone by then". She gave her a sympathetic look.

"That's okay. Thanks anyway". She dropped her the 50$ and left the place. Guess I will have to investigate on my own now. She sighed.

As she was about to head out of the airport she noticed the same police officers going on with their investigation. This time it was a golden blonde haired girl who was held under custody. She couldn't help but overhear their conversation.

"Anything else you would like to share?"
"No. I guess that's all I saw".

Clearly the officers were not satisfied with what the witnesses had to say. Nonetheless, he left the airport.

Once the officers were out of sight Jane hurridly moved to the blonde haired girl before she left as well. When she noticed Jane she gave her a wide smile.

"Do I know you?" Jane was clearly confused.

"No but I think I know you Jane", she said and continued smiling.
Jane still couldn't remember who she was so finally she decided to break the ice.

"I am Annelia Wings. Andrew's girlfriend."

"Oh my God! Ann! Is that really you?" Jane squealed out of excitement and gave her a nice warm bear hug. She could hardly believe her eyes.

"Yeah. Too bad you didn't recognise me". Annelia gave her a "mockish-offended" look. Jane laughed at her remark. She was still the same.

"Of course not! How do you expect me to identify someone who had grown so tall and became prettier over the past five years", Jane said, her eyes shining brightly.

"So how are you doing now?"
Jane knew this would come up eventually sooner or later.
"Things are not the same anymore Ann. Its worse", Jane said with a sad smile.

"What about Andrew? How are you guys doing?"

Annelia's smile faded immediately. Jane regretted having asked that question.
"Its a long story", Annelia sighed.

"Guess we have a lot of catching up to do huh", Jane said to lighten the atmosphere.

"Yeah".

"Why don't we just have tea and catch up with each other?"Jane asked her hopefully.

Annelia smiled.
"Sounds good to me".

"Okay then lets head to the nearest restaurant, shall we?"

"Perfect. I'll take the lead", said Annelia as the two girls walked out of the airport.

As they walked Jane noticed that she looked quite small and short beside Annelia. She laughed softly under her breath. One of the old incidents came in her mind.

She remembered how she used to boast about being the tallest girl in her middle school, high school and neighbourhood and thought it was because she was tall that Todd fell for her.

Todd...

She forced herself to come back to reality.
I have already broken-up with him. Its too late now...

They reached the restaurant after a short 10 minute walk. Annelia was indeed a fantastic driver. Infact she was good at everything right from her childhood.

"Table for two", Ann said to the waitress as they made their way inside, pushing past the crowd.

Luckily they secured a seat by the window which was masked from the curious looking public.