Chapter three

"No..no , please don't kill me", a voice pleaded. "I don't have sympathy for promise-breakers", another voice said. The girl knelt down on her knees. "Please David..forgive me", she said and started crying. The man moved towards her. He was wearing a black long cloak. His shoes were jet black and there was a rifle in his right hand, shining against the moonlight that was streaming through a window. "Very well. Hand over the package", he said hoarsely. "I don't know!" the girl blurted out angrily. "Liar!""Why don't you trust me?"the girl asked him. "Its because you have violated all my rules so I'm going to kill you", said David and pointed the rifle straight at the girl's head. "I'm so-sorry David. I tried my be-best to ge-get it", the girl said as scared as a rabbit. "Then why the HELL didn't you get it!" the man barked at her, totally furious. "Do you even realize how important it is to get that package?" The girl said nothing. She continued weeping in a suppressed tone. Both of them were in a massive hall where the light was dim. The place, rather the house, looked somewhat that of a castle out of the haunted movies. A 16th century very old house but decorated with modern stuff. There were two huge door-ways leading to the hall. One of the doors suddenly jerked and opened, making a creeking noise. "Sorry to interrupt you honey but-" "Its okay. I'm coming", replied David. "Okay", the voice said and closed the door behind her. "Death or package. Decide. NOW". The girl was still crying. Choked, she finally said, "Pa-package..but I need some time..". Her voice broke down after that. "You have seven days. Tick-tock", and giving a wry smile David left the hall, thudding. Finally the girl looked up. With an effort she got up and gave a final glance at the door as it shut behind her. This time she was in another room. She looked at all sides and after assuring herself that the coast was clear, she dived into the pocket of the jacket that she was wearing. She was a bit short as far as her height was concerned but looked perfect in her blue jacket, black jeans, white boots and her elfin features. It was a beautiful bracelet that she took out. She slid it into her left wrist. A bright ocean blue crystal appeared among the other few smaller white crystals. She closed her eyes and let out a heavy sigh. Then she vanished...leaving the place empty.

"How many times do I have to tell you to control your temper David?" Winter said as he entered the room. He looked at her irritatingly. "I don't want to talk about that", he said and turned his back towards her. "Look, it's just me who is going to tolerate your nasty temper. Everyone's not your friend David!" she said sternly. "Jane didn't do her duty Winter!" he protested, banging the table nearby. It vibrated for a few seconds. "David you need to understand. Jane is just a child", she said softly. David cooled down a little after that but kept his face still. "Don't keep on pushing things up her sleeve all the time. The girl needs a break too, sometimes. After all she's just a teenager and she has all the rights to do stuff girls who her of her age enjoy doing", Winter said. He kept quiet although he was still boiling from within. For a moment he thought he would say something to her but suddenly something else walked into her mind so he left the room without another word. He was now heading for the other door that was supposed to be another entrance to his house. Just when he placed his hand on the door it unexpectedly opened and a young boy entered the scene. He had dark brown hair and was a little bit stout looking under his grey jacket and navy blue jeans, an older version of Jane. "Good evening, Neon", David said with a bright smile. "Can we talk later?" he asked. "NOW!" Totally aware of David's unusual mood swings, Neon obeyed him. "Well good news for you I guess. I've got both the packages. One is at Paris and the other one is most probably in London", he said. "Fantastic", David said, pleased. "Now mind telling me where's Jane?" Neon asked. "She failed to do her job so I told her to go away", David said without any feelings/sentiment. "What do you mean!" Neon barked at him angrily and seemed as if he was ready to attack him any minute. "Easy dude.Just kidding", David said. "She'll come back soon. Don't worry". "David I'm warning you for the last time. Stop interfering with my sister..or Todd", and saying this he headed upstairs. "Night Neon", David said behind him and smirked. However Neon never looked back. David started walking towards the left side of the hall after that. A narrow passage, like a tunnel, came into view. He took that pathway. Soon the passage came to a dead end.