Chapter eighteen

Hey guys firstly a huge thanks to those who have been reading this book and lots of hugs and kisses to those who voted on some of my chapters. It means so much to me😊

And here goes the aftershock😂

Enjoy!

"Whatttt!" he exclaimed, falling down from the sofa with a heavy landing on his dog. Rik gave a yell and ran out of the living room in a fright.

I thought he would actually faint after hearing the whole truth. It wasn't a very good idea to reveal my identity afterall. I should have preplanned the whole thing carefully putting my words so that Raymond didn't have to face such a shock. However I was looking straight into his eyes when I confessed the truth and he knows when I do that I can't lie so why wasn't he believing me?

"Get out of here! You are fucking crazy!" he yelled at me.

I knew this was coming. Who would believe me anyway? Infact I didn't expect much from a 'spoilt-brat' either. Spoilt-brat will remain a spoilt-brat! Always.

He was still lying on the floor, not able to move. I quickly got up to put my warm coat on.

"Finally I would like to tell you sorry for everything", I said as I decided to leave.

"I thought maybe you would trust me but I guess I was wrong so I give up Raymond. I'm too tired to fight with you right now", I managed to say as tears were threatening to spill and looked away. It was not because I was sad. No. I was hurt. Yes terribly hurt! And angry.

Okay I know whatever I told him sounded insane but then it was the truth right? He knows when I look into his eyes and say something I never lie. Then why didn't he believe me?

He must have recovered from his aftershock and got up while my face was turned the other side because next I saw him standing in front of me.

"Claire", he called me softly. I couldn't believe my ears. I looked up with my tear-stained eyes to meet his crystal blue ones.

He called me Claire? The spoilt-brat called me Claire???

"I am leaving Raymond", I said before my voice decided to break down.

I walked unsteadily towards the door.

"Wait!" he yelled. I stopped on my tracks.

"What", I said chocking.

"Did I tell you that I don't trust you?" his angry voice demanded.

This time I started crying. Like totally. Though I didn't know whether it was because I was happy that I was crying or was it because I was sad. I looked back to find his angry face, his cold blue eyes staring at me like the thunder-god which made me cry even more.

He came to my rescue and once again I was in his arms, sobbing, sniffing and crying all at the same time till my tear glands were totally dry. He kept rocking me back and forth all this while, trying to calm me down and make me feel good just like my mom used to do when I was small and sad.

After I parted from him, I found his neck was wet from my tears but he didn't seem to mind.

"Claire look at me", he said as he raised my chin up with his right palm to meet his eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me all this before?"

I thought hard. It was difficult to focus on anything. Okay maybe one reason was because I accepted everything or atleast tried to accept. But I never really thought why I never shared my problems with anyone. Not even with Raymond. Was it because I was scared of how people would react or judge me?