Chapter 39

*Amara POV*

I heard voices. The voices woke me up. I barely opened my eyes when I knew the voices belonged to Merry and Pippin.

What are they doing?

"Pippin?" I heard Merry ask.

A few seconds with only heavy breathing.

"What, are you mad?" I heard Merry ask.

"I just want to look at it." Pippin said.

"Put it back." Merry said.

"I just want to look at it one more time." Pippin said. I could hear movement.

Then everything was silent, at least for a few moments.

I heard Pippin screech. Then I quickly threw off my cloak and ran over to him.

"Pippin?!" I yelled, I noticed he had the planatir in his hands. It is taking over him and hurting him.

I quickly caught him and took it away, but as soon as my fingers touched it, I felt a pain so horrible I could not describe it.

I screamed at the top of my lungs.

I saw Sauron, my eyes wouldn't open. He is holding Melusine. Everyone I love is dead at his feet. He had the ring and he regained his human form. He isn't going to kill me though and put me out of my misery, but I am to be kept as a slave.

I felt tears making their way out of my eyes, but I couldn't see anything except for what Sauron is showing me.

"Help, Gandalf help!" I heard a small voice in the background.

I heard a door quickly open and small against the wall, before a felt two hands on my shoulders. I quickly began to scream again, Where is everyone?

Please get me out of here. I don't wish to be here anymore.

I felt the planatir being removed from my hands and everything went back to normal, I couldn't stand and as soon as it was removed I began to fall backwards, but Legolas caught me.

"Fool of a Took!" Gandalf yelled.

I shuttered. I quickly closed my eyes, wishing for the things I had seen to go away. I began to cry. I cried really hard. It was just Sauron trying to scare you. I told myself over and over. But it was so real. I could feel everything.

I pushed my face into Legolas chest and didn't move. I physically couldn't and I didn't want to remember anything I saw, nor do I want to be alone again.

---

When I finally untangled myself from Legolas it was dawn. The morning sun had come out. We sat in the throne room and talked about what Pippin saw.

Aragorn handed me a glass of water, but I shook my head no. I didn't feel like eating or drinking anything.

Aragorn looked at Legolas and I could hear them both sigh.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Aragorn asked.

I quickly shook my head no.

I didn't want to talk about it or think about it. Unfortunately, it was all I could think about. I laid my head in my hands.

"There was no lie in Pippin's eyes. A fool, but an honest fool he remains. He told Sauron nothing of Frodo and the Ring." Gandalf said, before turning to look at me.