Chapter 19

I looked at Frodo's little body. Before anyone could say anything, he began to move.

I let out a sigh of relief and leaned on Legolas.

"He's alive." Sam said.

Frodo looked at all of us.

"I'm all right. I'm not hurt." He said.

"Thank goodness." I whispered.

"You should be dead. That spear would have skewered a wild boar." Aragorn said.

"I think there's more to this Hobbit than meets the eye." Gandalf said and Frodo unbuttoned his shirt to reveal another shirt of mithril.

"Mithril." Gimli whispered.

"Hobbits are surely full of surprises." I said.

Suddenly we heard more noises coming from outside the room.

"I think its time to go." I whispered.

"To the Bridge of Khazad-dum!" Gandalf said.

Everyone got up and we quickly made our way out of the room. I couldn't run as fast, because my body hurt all over, but I wanted to get out of here. So I kept going.

I looked behind us and saw many Goblins and Orcs. This wasn't good.

They were coming from cracks in the ground and from the ceiling. Once they were all on the ground, they surrounded us.

I kept my sword out, pointing it at them, but there were too many for us to fight.

Then we heard something else. A roar in the distance and the hall began to light up. It was orange and red.

I knew what was coming. Elves aren't scared of many things, like Orcs, Goblins, the Ghost of Men, but one thing we are surely terrified off is Balrogs.

I looked at Legolas, who looked at me. I've never seen him frightened before, so when I saw him terrified I couldn't help but get more scared.

It roared again and the Goblins and Orcs quickly scattered, running away.

"What is this new devilry?" Boromir asked.

"A Balrog." I whispered.

"A demon of the ancient world. This foe is beyond any of you. Run!" Gandalf said.

We quickly started running again. We went through another passageway and Boromir ran ahead. He reached some stairs but almost fell, because there went any left. Legolas quickly grabbed him and pulled him back.

"This way!" I said and ran down some different steps.

We ran down them, until we came to a part where some were missing. The jump wasn't far, thankfully.

Legolas jumped over and motioned for me.

"Amara, come on." He said and I jumped.

He grabbed me after I reached the other side.

"Gandalf." Legolas said and then Gandalf jumped over.

Arrows were being shot at us.

"You get them across." I told Legolas and took out my bow and arrow and aimed at the other archers.

Boromir grabbed Merry and Pippin and they jumped across. The stairs under them crumbled and fell making the gap even bigger.

Aragorn threw Sam and Boromir caught him. Only three more to go and then we can get out of here.

Aragorn turned to Gimli, but Gimli stopped him.

"Nobody tosses a Dwarf." He said and jumped, but barely made it, Legolas grabbed his beard.