Chapter 24

The boats slowly moved into the water. I was sitting at the front. Gimli was in the middle and Legolas was in the far back, rowing.

I looked out at the water. I was beautiful. I slowly found myself drifting off. Before I knew it, I was asleep.

Everything around me was white, until my eyes started to focus. I looked at a figure coming towards me. 

Before I could make any movement my mother appeared.

"Hello, my Amara." She said and kissed me forehead.

"Nana." I whispered.

She held me before we started talking. I told her everything about the quest. I told her about Melusine and Rivendell. 

"Daughter, you've had quiet the adventure, but it hasn't slowed down. If anything it just got a bit more interesting." She said and put her hand on my stomach.

"I don't know what to do." I whispered.

"You should have stayed in Lothlorien." She said.

"I know. I just couldn't leave Legolas." I said.

"That's not the only reason, though." She said.

"You're right."

"What is it?" She asked.

"Melusine is already growing up in this darkness. I can't have another child of mine going through the same thing. I have to help. I'm smaller than some of them and I know how to fight. If I had this child while the Ring was on Sauron's finger, I would never forgive myself." I told her.

"I'm so sorry, Amara."

"Amara?" Someone said.

"What was that?" I asked.

"Someones waking you up." My mother said with a smile on her face.

I sighed.

"This is all a dream." I whispered.

"Defeat Sauron. Take back the life you always planned to have. And make sure you tell Legolas." My mother said before kissing my forehead.

I sighed again.

"I will." I don't know how, but I'm going too.

Suddenly I was back awake.

"Amara?" Gimli asked.

"Yes?"

"Sorry, I didn't know you were asleep." He said.

"Oh, I wasn't. I was just thinking." I whispered.

We traveled further down the river.

"I have taken my worst wound at this parting having looked my last upon that which is fairest. Henceforth I will call nothing fair unless it be her gift to me. Or her blessed granddaughter." Gimli said and I smiled.

"What was her gift?" Legolas asked.

"I asked her for one hair from her golden head. She gave me three." Gimli said.

I smiled again. Maybe things with dwarves and elves could get better. 

Legolas smiled and then we all remained silent.

I honestly loved being out on the water. I liked it more than walking. The water was soothing and put me in a place of comfort.

I remembered my grandfathers words. This quest was only going to get more dangerous. And we were being followed.