Chapter 16

We walked through the walls. It was dark.

"Soon, Master Elf, you will enjoy the fabled hospitality of the Dwarves. Roaring fires, malt beer, ripe meat off the bone!" Gimli said.

I think he was a bit excited.

I chuckled as him and Legolas walked in front of me.

Gandalf lit his staff, making the room light up.

"This, my friend is the home of my cousin Balin. Lady Amara, Balin talked about you quite a bit back in the day. They call it a mine. A mine!" Gimli said.

I laughed and then I stepped on something and it cracked under my foot. I looked down to see a skeleton.

I gasped and jumped back into Aragorn. He caught me and looked at my face before looking down. We were surrounded by skeletons.

"This is no mine. Its a tomb." Boromir said.

Aragorn let go of me and walked towards Legolas.

I backed up to the entrance of the mine.

"No!" Gimli shouted.

Legolas pulled out one of the arrows from the skeletons and studied it.

"Goblins." He said.

I quickly pulled out my sword.

"We make for the Gap of Rohan. We should never have come here." Boromir said and held his sword tightly.

I heard the Hobbits scurry behind me. We were the closest ones to the entrance.

"Now, get out of here. Get out!" Boromir yelled.

As I turned around, I watched something grab Frodo and pull him into the water.

"Frodo!" I yelled.

"Help!" Sam yelled.

I quickly grabbed Frodo's arms, trying to pull him back.

"Aragorn!" I yelled.

"Get of him!" Sam yelled and began to chop at whatever had grabbed him.

It finally let go and we pulled Frodo to the mines. I picked up my sword and then was thrown back. Something had hit me and the Hobbits, but it took Frodo.

I quickly got up and ran into the water. The water was freezing and was up to my knee. I chopped at its arms, hoping it would drop Frodo.

Legolas shot an arrow, hitting the arm that had Frodo, but it still wouldn't let go.

The Hobbits and I continued to cut its arms off, as Aragorn, Legolas, and Boromir tried to get Frodo.

I watched it rise above the water and saw its mouth open. It was going to try and eat Frodo!

I rushed over to Aragorn and cut the arm that had Frodo. Frodo began to fall, but Aragorn caught him.

"Into the mines!" Gandalf yelled.

We all ran. I made sure the Hobbits were in front of me.

I turned around and saw Legolas.

"Legolas!" Boromir and I both yelled.

"Into the cave!" Aragorn said.

We all rushed into the cave and the monster attacked the wall causing it to crumble. We were now stuck.

After a minute Gandalf began to talk.

"We now have but one choice. We must face the long dark of Moria. Be on your guard. There are older and fouler things that Orcs in the deep places of the world."