Chapter 20

We made our way down the mountain. I didn't want to run anymore, but I wanted to be in the comforts of my grandparents so I kept going.

After a few hours we finally reached the forest of Lothlorien.

As soon as we were under the trees I felt safe.

I put my hood up, because I didn't want to be seen until I saw my grandmother.

We all walked, looking at the trees and our surroundings.

"Stay close, young Hobbits!" Gimli said and gestured the Hobbits towards him.

"They say that a great sorceress lives in these woods. An Elf-Witch of terrible power. All who look upon her fall under her spell." Gimli said.

Legolas looked down at me, trying to figure out if I was going to react to Gimli's words or not.

I just laughed.

"What are you laughing at?" Boromir asked with an amused look on his face.

"Just Gimli's words." I said.

"What about my words?" Gimli asked.

"Gimli, my grandmother is no Elf-Witch. And don't worry, its not true about the whole 'all you look upon her fall under her spell'. I've looked at her plenty of times and there is no spell or curse." I said.

"She's your grandmother?" Gimli asked.

"Yes. Lady Galadriel and Lord Celeborn are my mothers parents." I said.

"Well even if its not true, here's one Dwarf she won't ensnare so easily. I have the eyes of a hawk and ears of a fox." Gimli said, but suddenly became silent. 

I looked up and saw and arrow in his face.

I jumped back, realizing we were surrounded.

They were all pointed at us. Legolas was pointing his arrow at them too.

I quickly pushed my hood down as Haldir walked towards us. I pushed one of the arrows out of my face.

"I'm sorry, my Lady." The guard said, recognizing me.

"The Dwarf breathes so loud, we could have shot him in the dark." Haldir said.

"Haldir, stand down your men." I said.

He turned around.

"Amara." He said with a smile.

"Hello." I said and hugged him.

He hugged me back.

"How is Alatariel?" I asked.

"She's great. And so is our son." Haldir said.

"Oh, I cant wait to meet him." I said.

"Why are you here?" Haldir asked, getting to the point.

"We need your help." I said.

"Come."

We climbed up the trees, so we wouldn't be on the ground. Orcs were leaving Moria, so what would stop them from coming here.

"Mae govannen, Legolas Thranduilion." Haldir said. ('Welcome Legolas, son of Thranduil.')

"Govannas vîn gwennen le, Haldir o Lórien." Legolas said. ('Our Fellowship stands in your debt, Haldir of Lórien')

Haldir then walked over to Aragorn.

"A Aragorn in Dúnedain istannen le ammen." Haldir said. ('Aragorn of Dúnedain, you are known to us.')