Her Silenced Voice *ch. 15*

Comenzar desde el principio

I smiled down at my lap where my hand was on top of the other, palm up.

"Ace," I said.

"Your brother?" He said in confusion, "How was I like Ace? He was never bashful and-"

"Pearson!" Emily, his date, called out, "Is she okay? I saw her laughing and...."

"Yeah, she's, um....Fine....I think," He said, rather bashful again.

"Well thanks for the faith, I'm fine, really, go dance with Emily," I said, "This is a ball, it's meant for being romantic,"

"Actually, by doing this, we can at least call ourselves 'proper' in some way," Emily pitched in laughing, linking her arms around Pearson.

"Well, go on, find a reason to call yourselves proper," I said, teasing them.

"Will do," Pearson laughed and strolled away with his date, "Smile more like that, or I'll have to come back around to cheer you up again,"

I froze.

"Yeah!" I said, "Thank you!"

Then he disappeared into the crowd of dancers.

Yep.

Just like Ace.

~

"Ack!" I said, being squashed between two bodies.

"What would you do~!" Jake said.

"For a Klondike bar!" Kai finished.

"Usually I sing the last part," I said.

"Yep, but you can't sing, so we modified it," Jake said.

Kai lunched him, "Don't be such a dick," He said to Jake, then to me, he wrapped me in an embrace, "It' okay, Evie-chan, we'll destroy Ursula the sea witch and regain your singing voice agai-"

"Shhh!" I said, covering his mouth.

"What?" Jake asked, clueless.

"Too late, Miss Evelyn," Kyoya said, "I heard it,"

"What?" Jake repeated.

"Eh, not like it's your decision," I said, waving it off.

"What's going on?" Jake asked.

"Hm, I guess it isn't, but a stray photo of Ursula and Ariel in his folder won't hurt,"

"Seriously, what happened?" Jake asked.

"I see, so you're the mastermind," I said, folding my arms.

"She's going to be Ariel for tomorrow's theme you idiot," Kai said, removing my hand from his mouth.

"He's the idiot?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at his comment.

"I'm your shrink, don't talk to me like that," Kai said.

"Hey, your not a shrink when you need one," Jake said.

I laughed and Kyoya said, "Oh, and what I was going to tell you earlier..."

"Yep, let me guess, it couldn't have been about tomorrow's host theme because we just discussed it now, it's impossible you were going to converse with me because of a personal matter,"

I pretended to think a little harder, "It maybe could be about Ace's bill but if I were to weigh the options you were going to tell me Allen Ishii attends this school,"

"Yes," Kyoya said, "and I take it you met him?"

"Yes and because you couldn't warn us earlier, we weren't there to stop her from forgiving the guy," Jake said.

"Hey, it isn't' my place to forgive him," I said.

"Who told you that?" Kai said, "Are you still saying Ace is the one who needs to forgive him? Even when you know that's never going to happen?"

"Hey, you never know, we're blood related, maybe he has a 'soft heart' that you claim I do," I said, putting up a weak defense.

"Nonsense," Jake said, "Ace? Forgive Allen? What? After breaking his one and only- not to mention younger- sister's fragile heart, you think Ace, of all people in the world, will forgive Allen?"

"Fragile?" I asked, almost smiling at the adjective used for my heart.

"Let's not argue here," Haruhi said, taking my shoulder and steering me away.

"It's not out for arguing when there's nothing to argue about," Kai said, stubbornly folding his arms.

"He means, as in there's no other way around it," I explained to Haruhi's confused face, "He believes-"

"Knows," Kai interjected.

"Fine, he knows that there is absolutely no way Ace would possibly forgive Allen and so anything that is brought up about how there's a slight possibility, it's invalid because it won't happen," I said.

"Makes more sense," Haruhi said.

"Doesn't' it?" Jake said, "Now tell her we're right,"

"Evelyn, they're right," Haruhi said, "And now you have to change out of that dress,"

"That doesn't help our situation," Jake said, smacking his hand to his face. I laughed and said, "Of course it doesn't," I said, "That's why she's awesome,"

"Let' go, the twins have something to tell you about their mom's fashion show thing," Haruhi said pushing me along.

"Ugh, Why didn't they tell me earlier?" I said.

"Probably to make you stressed, I doubt they would 'forget' to tell you," Haruhi pointed out.

I rolled my eyes, "Touche, those manipulators,"

She looked back and dragged me into a room.

An empty one.

"Okay, you were going to tell me why they keep brushing your hair," She said.

I sweatdropped, "Haruhi...." I said, "You cunning mastermind....we were just talking about...."

"Manipulators? Yeah, I was there," She sat down, "I'm waiting," She said.

"It's nothing too bad," I said, looking away, "Seriously, I-"

"If it wasn't anything too bad than Kai, Jake and you wouldn't be talking in such voices," Haruhi countered.

"I'm changing first, these shoes are killing me," I said getting up.

Haruhi laughed, "I don't have to put up with them,"

I laughed and pushed her slightly, "That makes me feel a ton better," I said sarcastically.

"Glad I could assist," she mocked.

I rolled my eyes and took off my shoes.

"I'll be back," I said.

I walked into the changing room and taking the ribbon out of my hair, I sighed. I was only trying to avoid it. Talk about Allen.

Why didn't they need to know? I don't know.... Kai and Jake thinks I'm over him, Ace doesn't like him....The hosts already have a bad impression on him.

"Ah," I said, noticing a piece of paper slip onto the ground.

'You're forgetting about me,'

It said in cut out newspaper letters.

Even though it seemed weird, I've always wanted to see a letter sent to me in this sort of 'font' but not in the killer type way.

And now it was scaring me.

I put the paper in the butt pocket of my skinny jeans. I put on my flats my striped jumper and a light brown leather, over the shoulder, bag on one shoulder. Even though it wasn't how you carry it.

Now to visit Ace.