Chapter 7 The Stirring

Start from the beginning

       Rose’s stern expression turned to worry, and Olivia picked up on her concern, as she felt her stare on her body.

       Olivia knew she was a frail girl. Her body emanated a sickly aspect, and her pale skin did not help much. She had long straight orange hair, and her eyes in particular, were extraordinary. They consisted of two large irises that almost completely covered the sclera. The eye color was a silvery type—darker than the sclera but glossy and outstanding. It was the aspect that unnerved her friend the most.

       Rose seemed disappointed as she grimaced, but Olivia knew that she would still force herself to obey the command she was given. “Fine, let’s begin the ritual.”

       Olivia and Caris both nodded sternly. Caris helped Olivia stand as Rose took the candles towards another area of the dark room. She put down the candles on the path of a blood red circle that was inscribed with the markings and patterns of some ancient symbolism.

        In the center of the circle was a naked man, lying unconscious. The man was no older than the girls themselves. He had a good physique, a strong build with brown tousled hair. When Caris and Olivia made it to where Rose was, Olivia could not help but blush profusely at the boy on the floor.

        ‘Why him…?’ She thought to herself, barely able to look at his naked body.

        Caris, being the type of girl that she was, did nothing but smile lustfully.

        “I’ve seen better, but there’s something so alluring about him.” She said blatantly.

        “Rose!” Olivia exclaimed, completely mortified.

        “Stop your childish antics. Olivia, please position yourself.” When Rose spoke in her serious tone, both girls immediately ceased their behavior and Olivia did as she was told. She made her way into the red circle, situating herself near the boy’s unconscious face. Caris made her way to the opposite direction in regards to Rose; she stretched out her arms to the side as Rose did the same.

        Once they were positioned, three sigils appeared around the circle.

        The first symbolized an abstract form of the profile of a woman’s body with long hair.

        “Virgo.” Rose let the word slip her lips, making the sigil glow brightly with a red light.

        The second one was much more ambiguous than the first. It stayed close to a religious belief, forming the shape of some sort of rod and human.

        “La Papessa.”Caris said her phrase with the same serious tone that Rose had done, igniting the second sigil.

        The last symbol seemed to be a mixture of the first two, but definite on none.

        “Maoir Arcanis.”Finally, the last phrase was worded by Olivia, making not only the third sigil burn, but the entire circle as well.

         “Bind and Restrain the force of our Wiccan way as decreed by the covenant of this spell.”

        In the instant the spell was cast by Caris and Rose, Olivia took hold of the man’s face as she forced opened his eyes.

        “Visiora…” Invoking her own power, Olivia’s eyes widened and her pupils grew. Ripples began to form within them, as an invisible force detached itself from her and entered the boy.