16

Jae's POV:

Although this is the first day I've met her.. I feel like I am supposed to be protecting her. She looks so vulnerable and gentle. There's just something about her which makes me want to always be by her side. I guess that's why seeing her so broken makes me feel furious inside. I really want to walk up to Joshua and just beat him, but that would do no good. For neither of us. Although he needs some sense to be put into him. How could he go to that bitch, Min Seohyun. Her personality is fucked up. I've always been hating on her since the day she got here as a transfer student. She thinks she's this perfect gorgeous popular girl in school, but in reality the only one who genuinely likes her as a friend is that Lee Byunghyun guy. But they rarely even talk so she's basically a loner. Oh well.

I'm heading to my group members right now. Junhyeok told me to meet up with him at his locker so we could walk to the canteen together. I was almost there until someone bumps into me. I quickly make sure she doesn't fall and try to figure out who she is. 'Ah, I'm sorry.' Her voice.. Jiyeon-ah.. She bows to me and walks further. 'W-wait!' I run after her and grab her wrist. I'm not letting her go through this alone, I will be there for her. 'Can you please let go?' She sounds unstable.. hurt. What is this Jisoo guy doing to her? 'Jiyeon, what's wrong?' Her body stiffens for a second before turning around. 'Ah, Jae oppa..' Her smile already tells me she's not doing okay. 'It's nothing. But I have to go, I'm sorry.' She wriggles her wrist around but I'm not planning on letting her go until she trusts me. 'Jiyeon please. Let's talk.' She shakes her head and I sulk a little bit. 'Jae oppa, please. Let me go.' Her tear-filled eyes are becoming even more red..

I seriously need to talk to you. I pull her with me to a place we can talk. The rooftop. Luckily she doesn't fight back even a little bit and we quickly arrive at the rooftop. I let her sit and I sit in front of her. 'Tell me. Tell me everything.' I demand her. Please Jiyeon.. Just trust me on this one.

Jiyeon's POV:

'What do I have to tell you?' I can't look at him right now.. I look at my hands and fiddle with my fingers. 'Just everything.' I cock my head to one side and stare blankly at my hands which were placed on the table. 'Everything?' Jae nods and I sigh deeply.. 'I can trust you.. right?' It just slips out of my mouth, but he ensures me. 'Of course, I won't betray you in any way.' I sigh again and tell him my life story.

I really told him everything. That Joshua left first. That he had a relationship with Valerie back in America. My trainee days. Also that I don't really know when I finally will debut, but that it's delayed because of school. And also that I'm in a relationship with Joshua right now. It's nice. Jae's way of listening is very comforting. And is feels like I can tell him everything.. like I just did. I didn't even leave things out because I didn't feel like I had to.

'That's some heavy shit..' Jae nods, probably lost in his own thoughts and his opinion on this all. 'So you think Valerie still likes him?' She probably does.. I quietly nod my head. No expression whatsoever. 'Oh Jiyeon..' He walks up behind me and puts his hands on my shoulders, slowly moving his hands to soothe my stressed body. 'It's all going to be okay.. It's kind of odd though that you're living with them, if I was your uncle I wouldn't even dare think of that.' I quietly laugh and look up to him. 'I know right. I think it's kind of absurd as well.. But I guess it's for the best, since there's no other way for me to live in the dorms.' Jae's hands suddenly rest on my head. 'Don't you find it a little uncomfortable? With 13 boys in a dorm?' 'Mhm, I do but I really like them. They're nice. It's just.. I have this feeling it will become awkward with Joshua now that Valerie is back.' He rests his head on his hands. Damn you, your head is heavy. 'That is a possibility. But you should just fight back. And who knows, maybe he doesn't even like her anymore.' I hear a slight jealous undertone in his voice. 'Hopefully.. But it's strange.' He lifts his head up and sits on the chair next to me. 'What is?' I rest my chin on my hand and look at him. 'I'm feeling so comfortable with you, and we only know each other for a couple of hours.' The smile I gave him was sincere, I'm truly grateful to him. For listening to me. He returns a smile and shrugs his shoulders. 'I guess I have that kind of effect.' We laugh together and after that follow a silent. Not those awkward ones, but those silent where it feels right, like you don't have to entertain that person to let them know that you're friends.

We stay like that for a while until we hear the faint school bell. 'I guess we have to return to class right now. Let's go.' He stands up first and offers me his hand. I take it and he pulls me, once again, to class.

Joshua's POV:

-During lunch-

Aish, where is this girl.. She should be at least with the Seventeen members.. With me. But Valerie is withholding me.. It's like I want to leave.. but I also don't want to leave. Joshua why are you so fucked up right now. Why am I even thinking about all this.

'Joshuaa~ Why are you being so silent.' My gaze goes towards Valerie, who's pouting because I wasn't giving her any attention. 'Ah.. Sorry I was just thinking.' She gives me this smile, the smile I loved and cherished for a long time. The smile that I wanted to see every day.. Why am I wishing for more of it..? How can she stir up my feelings in just a couple of hours.. 'What are you thinking about?' She puts her head on both of her hands, looking at me patiently. 'Uhm,' should I tell the truth? 'I.. I was thinking about what I should cook for dinner tonight.' Her eyes grow big and she suddenly has this twinkle in her eyes. 'Dinner? Can I join?' Her eyes blink a couple of times and she cocks her head to one side. Eh.. 'Yeah, sure..' She throws her hands in the air and hugs me. 'Yay! It's going to be fun!' I awkwardly wrap an arm around her and pat her back. 'Yeah..'

Omg what have I done..

Jiyeon's POV:

'Please open your books on page 47 everyone.' Everyone obeyed the teacher, but I couldn't even hear a single thing she just said. I was looking out the window the whole time. And this apparently was English class, I don't need that. My sight often goes to Joshua and Valerie. And every time I did that, they were smiling, passing notes to each other. I can endure this much.. and she has almost reached my limit.. Joshua too, if he isn't going to put any sense in himself I'm going to have to put some sense into him.. although I know I can't do that, disadvantage of being too nice. 'Yah, Jiyeon-ah.' Jae waves his hand in front of my face. He doesn't say anything while we're both staring at each other. I've never actually looked at Jae this closely. He has small eyes, but they do have this kind of gleam in them. His cheeks are chubby but it fits well with his defined jawline and rather big lips for Koreans. His hair falls over his eyes and his glasses do fit perfectly. He's actually kind of handsome, now that I think of it. Y-yah, Han Jiyeon what are you thinking?!

Jae's POV:

I should ask her if she has anything to do after school, maybe we can drink a cup of coffee.. I know she has a boyfriend and all but I can be there as a friend..

I wave my hand in front of her face to get her attention. The way she turns her head this way is even beautiful.. How can she have this kind of effect on me on the first day?

I was about to ask her to drink coffee after school but her eyes captured me.. literally. They're so mesmerizing.. She has big, round eyes and pretty long and curly eyelashes which is quite special for Koreans. He bangs hide her small forehead and her hair is put behind her ear which exposes her neck and jaw. Her lips are so cute and small they're just so.. kissable. Her skin is beautifully white-toned with a beauty mark on the upper right of her lip. She really looks like an angel..

An angel who is lost and hurt because of one stupid earthling.

,