20

Guys I'm so sorry! It took so long because I was writing another story for my friends who's birthday is soon and it took quite a while to make it, hehe. Thank you all for reading this, saranghaeyo~!

Jae's POV:

'Don't lose hope.' I really want her to stop thinking about this.. She's just bringing herself down. I turn my body a little so that our pose would be less awkward and hold her tighter, letting her know everything's eventually going to be okay. She snuggles into my chest and I feel her irregular breathing.

We stayed like that for a while. Her breathing was normal again after what seemed like forever. I look at the clock. 5AM.. 'Jiyeon. Try to sleep a little more. It's already 5AM.' I felt her nod In my chest, but she didn't move from the spot we were in. 'Jiyeon?' I tilt my head a little bit so that I could look at her. 'Are you asleep?' I shook her slightly, but there was no response from her. This girl.. I smiled and caressed her hair.

Sleep tight.

Joshua's POV:

-Back to when S.Coups and Joshua were in his room, talking about Jiyeon and Valerie.-

'Do you love her more than Jiyeon?' His question really made me think back. To everything. But all these memories.. They're so different but they had a great impact on my life. Pictures and moment with Jiyeon and with Valerie flashed by my eyes. Making it harder for me to even think straight.

I held my head in my hands as an attempt to stop this forming headache. But there was one picture in my head, one moment that I could never forget, that was so dear to me, that it decided what my choice was. I don't know how it was so dear to me, but it was.

'Hyung.' I said after what probably felt like forever for S.Coups. 'I think I finally know.' He put his hand on my shoulder and gave me a reassured look, telling me to go on. 'I love her. I love them both. But I think I'm in love with Valerie.' I could see a slight anger in his eyes, disappearing in one second. He nodded and patted my back. 'If that's what you really want. Okay.' To be honest, my heart was still wavering. But I knew that if I waited any longer, I would hurt them even more.

Jiyeon's POV:

I woke up, actually feeling okay. I stretched myself and turned to the other side. Still half asleep I snuggled into my 'blanket'. I felt my blanket softly move up and down. Since when does a blanket have a heartbeat? I slowly opened my eyes and saw Jae looking down on me, smiling when he noticed I figured out he was not my oh-so-soft blanket. The urge to pull away didn't even cross my mind. I smiled at him and he gave me one back. 'Good morning oppa.' He stroked my hair. 'Good morning Jiyeon. How are you?' I turned so I was facing the ceiling and sighed, 'I'm doing okay actually. At least I guess. I'm feeling okay right now.' I felt him hugging me tighter and snuggled more into his arms. 'That's a relief. I'm glad you're doing okay now. Let's do something fun today.' 'Like what?' 'Hm, anything. Is there something you really want to do?' I thought of all the things I wanted to at least do once in my life. There are so many actually.. 'I want to go ride a horse. On a beach when the sun is setting and eat ice-cream while watching the sun slowly disappear.' I closed my eyes and imagined the beautiful scenery. A sky filled with warm colors, some birds flying towards the horizon and the waves, with its peaceful and calming sound. 'Let's do it. Today. Right now.' Jae said excitedly. It got me all hyped up, I would take any opportunity to let my mind rest for a while, so that I won't think of.. you know who.. 'You serious?' I looked up at him with my famous puppy-eyes. He winked at me and I smiled in response. I jumped up and dragged Jae by his arm. 'Let's go then!'

Jae and I bid the Day6 members farewell and hopped in the car, on our way to Busan.

'I've always loved the beach' I stared at the cars we passed by and the streets filled with people. 'Me too, it's so relaxing.' Jae kept his eyes on the road but he was still watching me with a worried gaze. 'Mhm, I remember when my mom and I went to the sea every Saturday. She would buy me ice cream and we wouldn't come back until we finally see the sun go under and look for the different constellations. She taught me things no one ever could..' I smiled when I saw a little girl holding hands with her mother. I sighed and continued what I wanted to tell him. 'Not only about stars, but about behavior and forgiveness, loyalty and hate. She taught me how to be a good person.' I looked at Jae and saw his regretful face, he probably figured out my mother died a while ago. 'I miss her, I really do. But she's still with me.' Jae held out his hand and I gladly took it. It wasn't a sign of affection, at least not for me. But a sign of reassurance. That everything is going to be okay, even all the shit that is going on with.. Joshua.

After a comfortable silence Jae looked at me for a second and smiled at me. 'I'll take care of you.' He stroked my hair and turned his head to the front again. It was a small gesture but I knew I could trust him. I knew that he was the one that could put me out all of this and that he would keep his word.

'Oppa, look! It's the sea!' Every time I visited the beach, I would turn into a little kid. Jae chuckled at my cute actions and ran after me. My shoes were already kicked off and my feet were now bathing in the refreshing cold sea water. I nudged Jae to come over and we walked side by side, it was still very early so there weren't a lot of people. 'Wah, I love this.' The ocean smell creeped into my nose and my eyes sparkled just like the sea did because of the reflecting sun. This is exactly what I needed, a day off, reminiscing about the old days with my mom..

'Come, let's go to a nearby seafood restaurant, I'm craving some marinated crabs!' Jae grabbed my hand and rushed towards the small restaurant located just a few meters away from the calm ocean water.

'This is SO delicious!' The sauce of the crabs were surrounding my lips but I didn't even care. Jae and I stuffed our faces with the crabs the cute little grandma made us. The meal was silent, but it was nice. We both didn't feel like we constantly had to entertain each other. We finished the meal and quietly sat there. I was staring at the completed food but Jae was unknowingly looking at me.

'Jiyeon.' I looked up and smiled. 'I want to show you something.'