Chapter 1:Who Could Forget A Face Like That?

Italy had been sitting in a chair, the world meeting beginning and his allies on either side. He had the signature smile that took up his face, but everyone could tell the different atmosphere. Today was the anniversary of Holy Roman Empire's death. The day that marked his first love's end. A promise never kept, something long forgotten and yet etched into his mind.

"Italy, are you alright?" Germany asked, concern visible on the blonde's expression.

"Sì, I just need a siesta..." The Italian lied.

The two had been holding hands and close for a while. Dating for over 3 months, still, that didn't mean that he forgot about his childhood friend.
Italy was still happy Germany wanted to be with him. He loved how much he and HRE looked alike,and how he smelled like beer and cologne. He had everything: Germany who loves him, Japan who's his friend, Romano his brother, and a now strong and stable home.

All he needed right now was a quite place. He already had a blade in his boot, awaiting to be used. Every anniversary of HRE's death Italy would carve the promise into his arm. So he could remember, and though it hurt- the mental pain was the most painful. As America rambled on about him being able to save the earth himself, England lectured 'logically' with his Mint Bunny beside him. Italy sighed, nothing exciting, just depressing. Suddenly a loud slam of the door opening caught everyone's attention. Thinking it was just France making his grand entrance, he didn't bother to look. That was until he heard it.

"Italy, I'm back. Just like I promised you."

The Italian froze, did the ocean run out of water? Did hell freeze over? Had the sky fallen? Because right there standing in the entrance was him.

Who could forget a face like that?

"H-Holy Rome?"