Chapter 1 - Knock Knock

Warren peered into the bedroom and asked if a hurricane had winded through Rhea's closet to blow everything across her floor. She didn't humour him with a response. He could stand there and be useless, but she had more important things to worry about. Like how to tell Red Jensen, her crush for over six years, that she was dating his best friend.

Stepping out, she turned to ask Warren if he could zip up her black halter. "Why are you dressed like you're going to a funeral?" he asked. The hem ended over Rhea's knees, failing to compliment her legs. "He's going to be fine with us dating, trust me."

"I don't trust you," Rhea replied, ruffling her dark hair. Even she had to admit, staring at her reflection in the body mirror, she looked like she was mourning a loss. "You flew out of the country the last time the subject came up."

"I didn't leave to avoid you." Warren's warm fingers found her back and pulled the zipper up. "I left because Nana tricked me."

There was a small pause.

"Please tell me we saw the last of that conniving vixen," Rhea glared.

Warren brought his girlfriend in for a hug. "I can't promise that," he said, patting her hair down. "But I can promise that she won't be getting in our way anymore, so try not to worry about it."

"I do worry!" Rhea grumbled. "I worry about her! I worry about Red! Then there is Christian! God knows what he's going to do when he finds out about us! Not to mention, Sean."

"Why should you mention Sean?" Warren asked. "Pretty sure he connected the dots before he broke up with you."

"Let the wound heal, Warren!" Rhea complained. "I'm just saying we were lucky getting Tegan's blessings. It's not going to be easy to convince everyone else."

"Why are you stressing out so unnecessarily?" Warren asked, kissing her forehead. Rhea held his face and moved her mouth up to his. They enjoyed one another, hands feeling up what they had access to and bodies closer than ever. It was a dream come true, Rhea reminded herself. All that time she thought she knew what she wanted and when the universe failed to give it to her, Rhea faltered. It wasn't right. Why settle for something that could work when she could commit to something that definitely would?

Rhea wished she could share some of her happiness with her roommate. Christian Lu had messed with Tegan's emotions one too many times. Being used for sex wasn't something to brush off, so seeing Tegan act like she was fine was a little unsettling. Her friend was bottling up her emotions and it wouldn't be long before she exploded.

"Ahem."

Rhea backed away when her eyes found her friend standing by the door. "Is this what it's going to be like now?" Tegan asked, raising a brow.

"Pretty much," Warren smiled.

"How do I look?" Rhea asked, wanting a second opinion.

"Like you're going to a funeral," Tegan made a face. Warren thanked her for being the second person to point that out. "Maybe try something a little more colourful. You're happy and it's good thing. It's a cause for celebration! So, wear bright happy colours to flaunt that."

"I second this motion!" Warren encouraged, going over to nudge Tegan. He had no idea what she was going through or what a total dick his best friend Christian Lu was. At first, Rhea was itching to tell Warren, but then decided it wasn't any of his business.

"You know you're lucky I like you or you wouldn't have made it this far," Tegan said, nudging Warren back.

He nodded as he took a seat on Rhea's bed. "This is true," he admitted, grinning like a fool. "Thanks for voting Team Warren."