Chapter 1 - The Sighting

Author's Note: The picture is Lynn on her first day at the Uni. I'm sorry this first chapter isn't very long, I promise chapters will be longer. Chapters will on occasion vary in length, however, depending on if they're fillers or not, but I hope you enjoy and if you like this chapter then please comment and vote ^.^

Preview: Lynn was about to settle into her new dorm at the university, but just as the doors to the elevator were closing, she saw what seemed like a familiar face walk past. All calmness was replaced with a sudden pang of anxiety, jealousy, hurt and heartbreak, causing Lynn to collapse backwards against her suitcase as the lift ascended upwards towards the 17th floor.

-

Lynn's dorm was on the 17th floor of a 20 storey high building on the campus of a university in California. All morning she had been going back and forth between her parents house (which luckily wasn't too far away) and the Uni, bringing all her belonging over. This would be Lynn's first year here, as she took a year off to go travelling for a little while. She needed to clear her head and take her mind off previous events. What she really needed was a fresh start altogether which she wholeheartedly thought she would get here, but unbeknownst to her, that was not going to be the case.

Lynn had already taken the majority of her things to her room, all that was left was a suitcase full of her most precious items, including her little teddy bear which she had had since she was a little toddler just barely running around, and her guitar. Being so exhausted, she was not prepared to walk the 17 flights of stairs up to her floor so she took the elevator up instead. And that's when it happened. The doors closed and only one name was going round her head; 'Alexa'.

It wasn't possible. How was Alexa here?! Why was Alexa here?! It just all didn't make sense. Maybe it was all just a blurry misunderstanding and it wasn't actually her at all. It all happened so quickly and it didn't seem like Alexa had noticed Lynn, so she though it was probably just someone with an uncanny resemblance to her. But it still had Lynn shaken up and now all she wanted to do was lie down and get some rest. Unfortunately she still had a lot of unpacking to do and there was another campus tour at 2 which she thought it best to go to considering she still wasn't overly familiar with the place.

Social anxiety was something Lynn had always had an issue with. At most times she was able to control is but now she also had to compete with the sense of paranoia as it spread throughout her body and wouldn't leave for the rest of the day. Despite this, she persevered through and decided to take a look at freshers fair being held.

Having moved to California with her parents only just before leaving to travel Europe for a couple of months, she didn't know anyone here as of yet, but she didn't mind right now as this was the clean start she so desperately needed.

Lynn was here on a music course seeing as that was her passion and something she really wanted to do. As she walked around, noticing the stands for all the club, she walked past an A Capella group. She loves the idea of it but personally it wasn't her thing. But her eyes lit up when she saw a group of people just chilling around with a sign about them that said 'rock music n' stuff'. It may not be the coolest thing ever or appeal to anyone else, but to Lynn it seemed like the best opportunity to make some new friends. She hesitantly walked over to where she saw a girl with blue hair and many piercings chatting to a guy with a black lip ring and a quiff. They seemed like Lynn's kinda people and it took all the courage she could muster up to go over and say hi.