Chapter 20: The Proposal

Start from the beginning

***
(Killian's POV)

I handed Snow back baby Neal, albeit reluctantly. Then I asked her. "Would you be willing to help me with a huge favor?" I asked.

"Sure, anything for my future son-in-law!" She whispered the last part, but could not contain a bright smile.

I laughed a little, and scratched the back of my neck, embarrassed. "David told you?" I guessed.

"Yes, and I couldn't be happier." She said. "Now how can I help you?" She asked.

"Would you mind coming with me to Gold's shop? I need to borrow your ring to make a replica for Emma." I admitted.

"Yes!" She said, and she quickly grabbed a stroller as we headed to the shop.

We arrived, and gave Gold the ring, he waved his hand over it, then handed me the replica, and Snow the real one. "Would you mind one more thing?" I asked Gold.

"Sure." He said with a shrug. "Ask away."

"Could you engrave it?" I asked shyly.

"Of course what would you like it to say?" He said taking the ring in his hand, studying it.

"'Seeing the Best in you...'" I requested. Snow smiled at me, remembering the time when she heard Emma say that to me. Though not said under the best circumstances those words still held a lot of meaning for Emma, and I.

Rumple once again used magic on the ring. And when he gave it back it was perfect. "What do you want in return? You always have a deal, Rumple. And I'm willing to make it, anything for Emma's happiness." I said.

"No I don't want anything." Rumple assured. "Emma saved my life, and reunited me with Belle, I would give anything in return. This is the least I could do." He said, handing me the ring, which was now in a velvet box.

"Looks like we finally got our happy endings." I said with a smile. Then Snow and I left the store. And I escorted her back to the apartment, where she said Emma was having hot cocoa with cinnamon, with Henry.

I helped her carry the stroller put to the apartment and then entered. I saw Emma and Henry laughing together at the table. And I put the box in my jacket, and cleared my throat before approaching Emma.

***
(Emma's POV)

Killian cleared his throat, alerting us of his presence. "Swan, may I have a word
, Love?" He asked, he looked nervous some I immediately joined him. He lead me out into the hall.

"Is everything alright?" I asked worriedly, placing my hand on his stubbled jaw.

"Yes, everything's fine." He assured. "But I wanted to know if you would join me tonight?"

"I'd love to, where are we going?" I asked with a smile. Allowing his hands to wrap themselves around my waist.

"That, my Love is a surprise."

"What should I wear?" I asked. If he's not telling me where I at least want to be dressed for the occasion.

"Something nice. Though, you look beautiful in everything." He said.

"Good answer." I said with a laugh.

"I'll pick you up at 9:00?" He asked.

"Sounds perfect." I said. And then, we leaned in for a brief kiss. "See you then." I said.

"I can't wait." he said, before leaving me to get ready.

"Mom?" I called as I entered the apartment.