"Just tell me that you'll keep it together tomorrow and not have a full scale domestic at the meeting?" Asks Brody wearily.

"What meeting?" Brody rolls his eyes.

"The meeting that your Dad told everyone about on Monday. All the leaders are going to be there so please don't do anything stupid; you need to keep your relationship out of the meeting."

"What's the meeting about again?" I frown, rubbing the bristle on my chin thoughtfully.

"The ball at the end of the month and arrangements for initiation dates."I nod, already thinking about how I could try and catch Ana before or after the meeting. "Kellen.." warns Brody, reading the intent inmy expression, "didn't Ana ask you to keep your relationship out of pack business?"

"Yeah and?"

"So she won't be too impressed if you try talking out your differences at a leader meeting, will she?"

I snort, "I won't, don't get your knickers in a twist mate." I wink at him as I leave his office, deliberately taking away his chance at a reply. Ana and I would sort out our for sure. 

*                                   *                                      *

The next morning, I'm more optimistic; I'd see Ana. I take extra care with my appearance to calm my insecurity; I wanted Ana to notice – be more attracted to me, maybe then she'd see I'm her guy and forget about anything she had with Riggs. The thought boosted my confidence, I'd show her I was confident about us then she could have no qualms. The meeting wasn't until 11am so for the rest of the morning I throw myself into helping Dad sort out the paperwork for the meeting, my intention being that if it was done quickly, we'd get to the meeting quicker. It's a vain hope, time doesn't speed up.

Eventually, the whole family heads over to a conference room specifically located in a central point between all the pack territories; on the outside, it looked like an old wooden house with the interior being mostly wood, except for the furnishings. All the packs had one similar in their own territory but for meetings requiring all the leaders coming together, it caused less conflict if there was one central and neutral point.

Once there, we wait at the head of the room – I start to tap my foot impatiently. Brody nudges me, a sign telling me to pack it in, I scowl at him. What the hell is taking so long? I demand of him mentally.

They're just arriving. His response keeps my eyes trained on the wooden doors at the other end of the room. I clasp my hands behind my back to hide their shaking; moments later the doors open and in pairs the Alphas walk in, splitting off to file either side of the long oval table. Ana and Alpha Riggs are the last to enter; I look away, annoyed by how close they seemed but trying to keep it from showing it on my face.

"Thank you all, for your attendance today. We appreciate that this is a busy time so we'll try not to keep you too long..." Ana doesn't look my way, her expression is intent on what Dad is saying; we pass out the folders containing all the information with the initiation dates and arrangement in – she reads her with a scrutinizing expression. After doing the same, and as Dad speaks to one of the other Alphas, Alpha Riggs starts what looks like an intense, serious conversation with Ana – my wolf bristles at his proximity to her and how he has Ana's full attention yet she hadn't even looked at me. I can't help myself, "Is there a problem, Alpha Riggs?" I call out, keeping my voice even and devoid of emotion. Brody nudges me warningly while other conversations in the room quieten to listen .

He looks up frowning, "Not at all, your Majesty. I was just wondering, how much security is there to be at these events? Especially given the increase in rogue activity." Ana's gaze meets mine momentarily before they fall back onto Dad as he answers.