"Brody?" I called in the darkness feeling that familiar edge of panic seeping into my voice. Another sharp wave of wind sliced through me and I clung onto my arms, rubbing my palm up and down them to produce some heat.

As my eyes slowly adjusted to the darkness I could see my surroundings more clearly.

The first image that caught my eye was the water that spread vastly across the ground before me. I noticed the serenity of the lake, with the quiet stillness all around, even the regularly loud insects were at peace. The moon above in its full splendor lit up the night sky and cascaded light, its shimmering reflection casting a silvery sparkle on the still waters.

I stood still enchanted by the beauty of it unaware of the presence behind me until I felt their body press against mine.

"Amazing isn't it?" Brody's hot breath fanned against my ear and I shivered in response. I slowly titled my head to look up at him and found him staring ahead of me, lost in his own thoughts.

"Do you come here a lot?" I said quietly soaking in the distant look in his eyes. He slowly nodded not daring to tear his eyes away from the lake.

I desperately wanted to know the thoughts that troubled him. I could see them consuming his mind causing pain and I wanted to help. I wanted to make his suffering disappear locking it up and throwing away the key. 

It was only later that I learned why I felt that way.

Quickly Brody shook his head snapping out of his daze and glanced down at me, that familiar devilish smirk masking his features.

"You ready for a swim?"

I opened my mouth to curse and protest that to hell I would go in the water but found myself silenced when I was flung over Brody's shoulder. I heard his feet crunch against the grass as he descended closer to the shore.

"I will kill you," I threatened to slam my fists repeatedly against his back. I let out a loud growl when I realized my punches were hopeless against his toned muscle. I heard him chuckle which vibrated through his body causing warmth to seep through me at the effect.

My breath hitched in my throat when he came to an abrupt standstill. I could distinctly hear the water swaying carelessly against the surface and prayed to the heavens that he was joking about going swimming.

I was soon enough granted the answer when I felt all the air gush out of my lungs when my body impacted against the freezing cold liquid.

Every inch of my body froze and I gasped for oxygen as I waved my arms in the air trying to keep my head above the water. I slowly stood up realizing I wasn't in that deep and found that my clothes clung eagerly to my skin. 

I shivered rapidly, my teeth chattering as I wrapped my arms around my body sending a death glare at a hysterical Brody stood a few feet before me. He was bent over grasping his stomach as loud laughs escaped his throat.

"This was so funny," I said sarcastically my voice shaking due to the cold.

"It was," He breathed regaining himself and slowly standing up wiping away the tears from his eyes.

"You are a giant tit," I growled rubbing my hair away from my face aggressively. I spluttered as a few of them got caught on my lip. Brody just wanted me with amusement in his features.