"I'm not going to kill you, Jones," He sighed running his hands through his dark brown locks causing the strays to stick out at different angles. It surprisingly suited him. 

"Okay," I groaned waving my hands in defeat. I felt a chill run up my spine when Brody's pink lips formed a grin. I questioned whether I should have agreed to go with him. It couldn't have been good if Brody Jackson was smiling.

"Come here," He moved his hand out, gesturing for me to grab it and I stared at it for a while hesitating before I held it.

He entwined his fingers with mine and I tried to ignore the warmth that surged through me at his touch and focused my attention on the bloody fence towering over me.

"I'm going to lift you up,"

Before I could protest I felt his strong hands hold onto my waist and I squealed as he used all his strength to lift me up into the air. I flung my feet around as panic surged through me and I heard Brody curse vigorously under his breath.

"Keep your fucking legs still," He hissed as he dodged my right foot flailing around. I ignored him as I struggled in his grasp desperately wishing I was attached to the ground. I think I used every curse word known to man in those past five minutes.

"Hold onto the top of the fence" He demanded the frustration evident in his voice. I quickly glanced at the edge of the fence directly in my line of sight. I sucked in a shaky breath and reached out, gripping hold of the top of the wood so tightly my knuckles turned white. I gritted my teeth when I felt something prick my skin causing a sharp pain to course through me and I knew for sure that was a  splinter.

"What do I do now?" I exclaimed vaguely aware that my butt was now pushed in Brody's face.

I really hoped I didn't fart from fear.

"Push your weight up and move over the fence, the drop isn't as high as this one,"

"Are you sure?" I said warily, my heart beating louder in my chest at the unknown. I felt my upper lip begin to sweat and I was sure in a second I would pee myself.

"I'm sure Ivy,"

I felt my insides melt at the softness in his voice and it was enough to give me the confidence to use all my upper body strength and pull myself up over the top of the fence.

When the realization of what I had done washed over me and I squinted my eyes shut holding my breath as I expected my body to be crushed amongst the ground but when I met a soft landing I let out the breath I had been holding. I began to kiss the ground passionately mentally thanking it for its existence. Luckily someone had placed a mattress on the other side and I assumed it was Brody.

Shortly after Brody joined me, an amused and concern expression embedding his features as he watched me sprawled across the ground.

"You okay Jones?" He laughed nervously and I knew he was questioning my sanity. I had lost it climbing that deadly fence.

"I'm fine," I mumbled squishing the grass between my fingers as I tried to relax the rapid beating of my heart. We were silent for a few moments and I was grateful that he didn't insult me for being petrified of the height.

When my breathing return to a normal pace I slowly sat up and glanced up at Brody to find he was no longer there.

Realizing he'd disappeared, I shot up onto my feet my eyes dancing around my surroundings in search of that annoying mop of brown hair.