VII

• • • • •
5 days later
Phil was sat down in the counter in the chair he always sited on, talking to Louise. Dan and Jack were dancing in the middle of the tavern. The owners always fixed the tavern with lights and loud music every Friday. Phil didn't like the environment, but Dan wanted to come. Surprising also because after all he always said he hated it too. He stopped for a second and saw Jack and Dan giving a small kiss. Dan laughed and Louise gave a little sassy face.
"You're jealous" she affirmed
"What? No! of course not. I would never get to the point of dating a--". Louise interrupted
"A colleague or a werewolf? Because it isn't weird to date a colleague and... A werewolf and a Demon slayer doesn't have much trouble so... You don't have to be afraid of admitting anything"
"No..." Phil replied "I wasn't going to say werewolf or colleague... I think Harries is pretty cool and Dan is really sweet but... I was going to say Male"

• • • • •
Three days later
Phil was playing cards with Dan, and Phil stopped in his tracks, he couldn't take it anymore. The threw the cards on top of the table and said:
"Dan... I have to tell you something.". Dan looked sort of surprised, it must be important for Phil to interrupt something like that
"Okay, tell me. What's up?"
"I know you are gay"

• • • • •
It had already been about two weeks of Phil living with Dan. Dan already didn't feel it as an obligation; he felt Phil was doing more than just a job. He was happy to go with him to the bar where they went the first day and to know he would always be able to go hide somewhere and find him stalking... It didn't feel like stalking for Dan tho... It was like his life was a movie and his only watcher was his friend...
His friend
Did he actually get to the point where he could call him a friend?
He is supposed to kill you a voice said inside Dan's mind
Only if he finds out I'm a threat... And we have been already two weeks proving I'm not Dan said to his own mind... He was talking to himself:

But what about the random migraines... Your eyes when you can't control it, the things flying everywhere

He is teaching me how to control it...

He may teach you... But you are the one supposed to learn.

Dan just shook his head and went to the kitchen, hoping to see Phil with a bowl of cereal as every morning (it didn't bother him anymore), but instead he found something else. There was a bowl indeed, but turned around, milk falling to the ground. Dan didn't think twice and yelled:
"PHIL?!". He ran to Phil's room (after two weeks Dan decided to give him a room) and found him, this time really crying, his hands covering his face and his hair... Falling down?
"Phil? W-what happened? What's going on?". Phil didn't stop crying. It broke Dan's heart.
"I don't know..." Dan heard in between Phil's sobs.
"It's okay Phil just..." Dan started walking and saw it. His hair, it was all falling on top of his hands that were covering his face. Dan moved the hair and asked Phil to, please,take his hands of his face. He did and whipped his tears, his eyes sinning an electric blue that happened only when his "hunter side" activated... The electric blue eyes in Phil were like the full black eyes in Dan.
Dan brushed with this fingers Phil's hair for it to look similar to his.
"What happened?" Dan asked again
"I woke up and... My hair just... Dan I'm scared, I think I'm losing myself."
"No no no Phil" Dan got his hand on Phil's shoulder "you are the same person, your hair doesn't mean that you are least better at what you do, okay?" Phil nodded "Perfect. Now: How dare you??!!! You better go clean the mess you made with the milk!" Dan laughed and the laughed was followed by Phil's he stood up and they both went to the kitchen.
"I'm serious" Dan said again with a little laugh "I don't want Louise and Jack to see milk spit everywhere, they know my mess but never that much"
Phil laughed "Okay okay sorry!"

• • • • •
"Hey!!" Dan said and hugged Louise and asked her to come in. She after hugged Phil that was behind the wall. Jack entered and Dan kissed him on the cheek. He closed the door and walked towards Phil. Jack saw Phil and stopped in his tracks.
"What the--" Jack interrupted himself when he saw Phil's hair and shinning blue eyes.
"I uh... I'll go with Louise and you two... Just... Yeah" he kissed Jack's lips once more and left. Phil opened the door
"I don't think it's appropriate to have this talk in here" he said asking Jack to get out. He did and closed the door behind him.
"What happened?! You are..."
"I know... I'm also surprised and no, I don't know what happened just--" Jack interrupted Phil by moving his now wild hair that covered his ears and saw them clean, with no injury or piercing to show he was a demon that travelled from another dimension
"Phil... I like you okay? You are pretty cool and funny but... Believe me, if one day you come to me and I see your ears pierced, I won't even doubt on killing you... I'll be doing you a favour."
"I know I know... I would ask you to actually". Jack sighed
"Phil, if you promise you are the same and there's nothing wrong right now I'll believe you, just--" Jack interrupted himself and his sadness face turned into a thoughtful face, like he realised something. He looked at Phil once more and then looked down. It all made sense. "Y-You like Dan, don't you??"
"What?" Phil said sort of surprise
"You fell in love with Dan didn't you?"
"No! O-of course--" the answer Phil always have suddenly turned into a doubt... Did he? He won't deny that appreciating him or the feeling he got in his chest when he was with him was undeniable but... Was it really love?
"You are. You are and you started changing to...oh god it's true!"
"Jack I wouldn't do that to you and Dan, you are my friends!"
"Yeah but... You do and you started changing for him, to fit for him... " the sad tone in Jack's voice started turning to a defensive and even a bit mad one.
"I-I'm not trying to! I don't want to!"
"Phil... You may not want to but... You are going against your nature for him, breaking the balance you always promise you want to follow. You may not want it but..." Jack stopped again and realised what he was saying."Sorry um... Yeah sorry I wasn't listening to myself uh... You know, you should give Dan a try"
"What?"
"I said you should give a try to Dan... I am going to breakup with him next week... I just wanted it to be less painful"
"You... Him... What!? Harries, I thought you loved him!"
"And I do! But... Lately I've not been able to keep on going with all the demon stuff..."
"Wait... You knew?!"
"Phil... I'm a hunter... You think I didn't realise?"
Phil just facepalmed "sorry yeah, stupid question"
"Yeah... Ok now let's go inside before they think we are doing something else than talking" they both laughed and opened the door. Louise started joking because they were taking too long outside like suspected and the four of them started laughing. It hurt to Phil to know he may have been wrong all along, but it hurt the most when he saw him being so happy with Jack and knowing it would end fast.
It was a long night for Phil.