Chapter 9

Dannielle came into school the next day, she was crying, Laura could tell. ''What's wrong?'' she asked, worried.

Dannielle told her about Kian, and Andrea, and the texts. She even showed Laura the texts. Laura was shocked. ''I can't believe it,'' she said.

''I know!'' said Dannielle angrily, ''He cheated on Andrea! He made me believe he liked me! He was just using me, I bet!''

''What are you going to do about it?'' Laura asked.

Well,'' started Dannielle, ''confront him, I guess. What else can I do?'' She sighed.

''Listen, I'll talk to Connor, I'm sure this is a misunderstanding!''

''How could I have been so stupid? I mean, a guy, liking me? It's impossible.'' Dannielle said.

''Hey!'' said Laura, ''You're not telling me you've never noticed him?''

''Noticed who?'' asked Dannielle.

''Jamie!'' said Laura, ''He's had his eye on your for ages now!''

''Jamie? Never heard of him.''

''Jamie, Jamie Follesé? In our Maths class? He's in that band H-''

''Hot Chelle Rae!'' interrupted Dannielle, ''Now I remember him, he's the drummer, right?''

''Yeah that's him! He's had his eye on you since last year, still does! Don't you ever notice him staring at you? I do.'' Laura laughed.

''Really?'' Dannielle asked, looking across the hallway at him.

He wasn't bad looking, actually the opposite. He was a bit taller than Dannielle, with short dark brown hair with a fringe that fell just over his eyes. His eyes, green, they lit up when he smiled. His smile, the cutest smile Dannielle had ever seen. When he smiled he got a dimples on both his cheeks. Yes, he was really good looking, amazingly good looking. She didn't notice she was staring, he smiled at her. She laughed shyly and turned to look back at Laura, ''Wow, drool much?'' Laura laughed.

''Shut up!'' Dannielle laughed, playfully hitting her on the arm.

At that same moment, their strictest teacher, who was also their Maths teacher, came around the corner. She was tall and skinny, with short brown hair that was cut up to her chin. She had a pointed chin, and small features, she scowled at Dannielle. Dannielle froze.

''Hitting people, are we, Ms. Ryan?'' she said,

''N-no, Mrs. Breag, we were jus-'' Dannielle started.

''Quiet!'' she snapped, ''I will see you both in detention tomorrow after school.''

''Me? What on Earth did I do?'' Laura asked.

''You heard Ms. Ryan, she said 'we' not 'I', hence, I will see you both in detention!'' she said, and walked off.

Laura stuck her tongue out at her behind her back, ''Wow I hate her! My mam said I'm grounded if I get another detention!'' she said, annoyed.

The bell rang, ''Come on,'' Dannielle laughed, ''we have Maths first class, we don't want to get in more trouble with her.''

They walked off to class together, only one thought was on Dannielle's mind; Jamie Follesé.