Chapter 18 ~ Hospital pt. 2

So I usually don't do authors notes at the beginning but I just wanted to warn you there is "singing" so as long as you know the lyrics skipping over that bit won't make a difference, except for speed your reading up. Also I'm going to be honest... there is some fluff.
-izz

///
Ashlynn's POV

"All of those and my best friends," as soon as the words were out of my mouth, I knew the were true.

"Do you mean that?" Luke said looking at me, with the same look as earlier.

"Of course I do. I know best friends are supposed to make you feel like family, and since this is the only family I've ever really had, well..." I trailed off looking at my cast.

"Aw man Ashlynn," Michael said running over to my bed, "Your gonna make me cry!" The rest of the boys ran to my bed too.

"Don't cry!" I laughed, "This wasn't supposed to be serious."

"We love you so much Ash," Ashton said pulling me into a hug. I felt three other bodies pile onto the hug and I sighed. This is what family was.

•••

"I'm bored," I looked over where Luke was stunning his accustom guitar. It was just us in the room, the others had left to go give an interview, which we had scheduled last week. But somehow the radio building was about two blocks away from the hospital. How that was, I'm not sure. However they left Luke behind keep me company.

"I could give us some fun," Luke raised an eyebrow in a seducing manner, "If you know what I mean..." My mouth almost dropped open, was he really saying what I think he was saying? Luke laughed at my expression, "Calm down Ashlynn I was kidding. We'll have that fun later." But this time he was serious. But you know what, I didn't mind it.

"Well what can we do now? I'm bored," I stated again.

"You can help me on this song I'm writing," my mouth did drop open this time, "There's this melody that I can't get out of my head. I'm pretty positive it's not a written song but I can't get it out of my head."

"Play it for me," He smiled at my suggestion.

"Just what I hope you would say," Then he began to play the guitar. As I listened my heart sped up, as I recognized the melody. The fragile and broken but strong tune of my own song was coming out of Luke's guitar.

When he finished the first couple of seconds of it, he looked at me, "Well.. opinions?"

I looked at him no sure what to do. Should I let him have the credit or tell him about my song. I decided on the later, because of how much the song meant to me, "Can I see your guitar?"

Luke looked only slightly confused as he handed me his guitar, "Do you know how to play?"

"A little," That was a lie, and he would soon know it.

I started strumming the guitar, beginning my song. As I kept strumming farther than Luke, his face morphed into one of surprise, "You know the melody?"

But I cut him off with my singing, "They would yell, they would scream, they were fighting it out
She would hope, she would pray, she was waiting it out
Holding onto a dream
While she watches these walls fall down
Sharp words like knives, they were cutting her down
Shattered glass like the past, it's a memory now
Holding onto a dream
While she watches these walls fall down

Hey mum, hey dad
When did this end?
Where did you lose your happiness?
I'm here alone inside of this broken home
Who's right, who's wrong
Who really cares?
The fault, the blame, the pain's still there
I'm here alone inside of this broken home, this broken home

Wrote it down on the walls, she was screaming it out
Made it clear, she's still here, are you listening now?
Just a ghost in the halls
Feeling empty, they're vacant now
All the battles, all the wars, all the times that you've fought
She's the scar, she's the bruises, she's the pain that you brought
There was life, there was love
Like a light and it's fading out

Hey mum, hey dad
When did this end?
Where did you lose your happiness?
I'm here alone inside of this broken home
Who's right, who's wrong
Who really cares?
The fault, the blame, the pain's still there
I'm here alone inside of this broken home, this broken home

You've gotta let it go, you're losing all your hope
Nothing left to hold, locked out in the cold
You painted memories then washed out all the scenes
I'm stuck in between a nightmare and lost dreams

Hey mum, hey dad
When did this end?
Where did you lose your happiness?
I'm here alone inside of this broken home
Hey mum, hey dad
When did this end?
Where did you lose your happiness?
I'm here alone inside of this broken home
Who's right, who's wrong
Who really cares?
The fault, the blame, the pain's still there
I'm here alone inside of this broken home
This broken home."

As I finished the last note, I finally looked upped to fined Luke looking at me in what I think was awe, "You wrote that?"

"Yes. It's called Broken Home."

"It's amazing," Luke came over to my bed and knelt beside me, "How the hell are you so amazing?"

"What?" my heart beat was speeding up again.

"You take these amazing pictures, your funny, sweet, amazing, and then I find out you can sing and play guitar. And you have the best voice I've ever heard in my life. Damn Ashlynn, how much more perfect can you get?"

"I..." I could only stare at Luke.

"You know what Ashlynn, I think I might be in love with you," My heart stopped. Even Luke seemed surprised by his words, but he didn't take them back, "Actually I take that back, I know I'm in love with you. You do something to me and even when we collided in the street and your first thing out of your mouth was sass, I knew something was different about you. And then walking into that meeting and seeing you. Best 30 seconds of my life, until the infuriating girl you are decides to be a pain in my ass. And I loved it. And not being able to do anything to you drove me crazy. I had never seen a girl less into me. So I was a jerk. And then after that first kiss, it drove me crazy not being able to do anything. And then even know I'm dying for you."

I couldn't breath. Honestly. What was wrong with me.

"So in conclusion, will you let me kiss you now?" Luke leaned in closer, "I've waited to long already."

I diminished the small gap between us and pulled him onto me, I need his fire within me.

///
Is it going way to quickly? Is it confusing? I feel like it is... oh well it is only my first story of many.

keep reading... ending is getting closer omg!
-izz