Chapter 7 ~ Something's Gotta Give

Ashlynn's POV

As soon we stepped out of the airport I was hit with an intense heat. Compared to the cool airport, the hot and sticky LA heat made me feel gross and uncomfortable.

"Isn't it October? Why is it so damn hot here?" I heard Luke mutter.

"I know right. Can we go find our car so we can get to our hotel and out of this heat?" Ashton whined looking at Jennifer.

"Yes that sounds like a great idea Ashton. Does everyone have their bags?" Jennifer looked at Michael when she said this, "Mickael?"

"That was one time!" Michael protested ignoring the snorts from the rest of the band.

"Sure it was..." Jennifer shook her head, "Let's go."

We walked over to where a guy was waiting with a sign that said "Tean" on it. The guy looked at us and asked, "Are you the Tean family?"

"That's us," Jennifer replied briskly.

"You look mighty young to have 5 children that look like adults," The man shook his head, "But hey it's LA weird things happen everyday." He grabbed Jennifer's bags and started to walk to a white van. We quickly followed, trying to keep up despite holding out own bags.

"Everyone put your stuff in the back and pile in," the driver commanded. So we did just that. We all piled into the car and somehow I found myself wedged in between Michael and Luke. When the car started the radio came on and was playing an All Time Low song. I couldn't help but sing really loudly along with it. Michael couldn't help it either.

"PULL ME OUT OF THIS SINKING TOWN IM DYING TO LIVE. SOMETHINGS GOTTA GIVE!"

"Can you not scream right in my ear?" Luke asked rudely after a little bit of the song.

"Nope," I whispered in his ear before I joined Michael again, "IM FEELING LIKE A NERVOUS WRECK. LIVING ON MY LAST PAYCHECK. IM A CLICHÉ IN A SONG. AND EVERYBODY'S SINGING ALONG." I rolled my eyes at Luke who had the grumpiest look on his face, "You know Luke you could sing along," he raised an eyebrow, "Unless your not cool enough to sing stupidly with Michael and me."

He narrowed his eyes and started screaming along, "OH. WAKE ME UP. SAY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. I'M DYING TO LIVE. SOMETHINGS GOTTA GIVE."

I smiled, "Guess you are cool enough."

•••

"Alright so the rooms are pretty obvious. Ashlynn and me in one, Ashton and Calum in the other, and Luke and Michael in the third." Jennifer looked around, "Everyone clear? Good. Meet back down here in the lobby in 45 minutes. Clean up and put something on that doesn't smell," She turned to Michael, "I'm talking to you."

"Hey! Why is it always me?" Michael cried, while all of us just laughed.

•••

30 minutes I was sitting in the lobby alone waiting for everyone to get down here. I wasn't surprised I was always the first to get ready, I really didn't care about what others thought of me so I usually just grabbed skinny jeans and a t-shirt. Today I was wearing a Nirvana tang-top with black skinny jeans. My long, brunette hair was tied up into a high pony tail. The only makeup I had on was mascara, and I only had very little of that on. Like I said, I usually don't try to hard on my appearance.

"Great I'm matching with you," I turned around and saw Luke standing there wearing almost the same exact thing I was. The only difference was our shoes.

"What the hell! You guys are matching!" I heard a gleeful voice call out behind me, "Ash and Lukie are matching!" I turned around and saw Ashton and Michael smirking at us.

"Did you guys plan this?" Another voice had joined the conversation. Calum had appeared right next to me.

"No we definitely did not plan it!" Both me and Luke cried out. We looked at each other through narrowed eyes.

"Didn't plan what?" Jennifer had somehow gotten right next to Luke, "Oh. Never mind I see," She crinkled her nose to obviously stop a laugh, "Nice outfit guys."

"I'm going to go change," Luke said stalking away, but Jennifer grabbed the back of his shirt to stop him.

"No time Luke, we have to go." Jennifer said while dragging Luke back, "Sorry your forced to match with Ashlynn."

"Where are we even going Jennifer?" Ashton asked at we were ushered into a car.

"A small meet-and-great," Jennifer answered, "You have your camera right Ashlynn?"

"Ya," I answered looking at the bag I was holding on to.

"Great. You'll be taking the pictures of all the fans meeting them," Jennifer explaine, "You can also get some pictures of the line and everything. I don't know just do your photographer magic. I've seen your pictures, they're great."

I blushed at this, but I mumbled a quick, "Thank you," as we sped off to the meet-and-greet.

•••

Meet-and-greets were tiring. There was so much going on and so many people. The boys only had like 2 minutes with each group of fans, but like the airport they were great with them.

"So tell me, what's your favorite song?" Calum asked these two girls who looked like they might faint from happiness.

"Good Girls," the girls replied together.

The boys shared a knowing look before they started singing, "She said to me forget what you thought. 'Cause good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught. So just turn around and forget what you saw. 'Cause good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught."

The girls squealed and hugged the boys. I quickly snapped pictures determined not to miss a moment, "Alright girls can you turn and smile at the photographer please?" Ashton said through a smile. The girls quickly did that and I snapped away.

The girls were then escorted by their mothers out of the room, so the next and final, group couldn't meet the boys.
"One more guys smile pretty," I said enthusiastically. They all grimaced. But as soon as the next people entered they perked up and dropped the grimace.

"Hi girls! How is everyone?" Michael asked looking at the four girls in front of him, "What's your guys name?"

"I'm Ashley," the middle girl said. Then they all proceeded to say their names.

"Well hello Ashley, Megan, Sydney, and Payton! It's great to meet you!" Michael said.

"Do you guys have a favorite song?" Ashton asked, taking Michaels place as the talker.

They all nodded and the girl named Ashley said, "It's Amnesia."

The boys have each other the look again and Luke started singing, "I remember the day you told me you were leaving. I remember the makeup running down your face. And the dreams you left behind you didn't need them. Like every single wish we ever made. I wish that I could wake up with amnesia. And forget about the stupid little things. Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you. And the memories that never can escape. 'Cause I'm not fine at all."

I forgot for a second what my job was as I listened to Luke singing. His voice was so beautiful and captivating and it's raw power surprised me. It was a couple seconds after he stopped singing, that I realized I need to start taking pictures. However Luke's voice kept echoing in my head, and I couldn't forget it.

///
So there's chapter 7! I hope everyone's been enjoying it! This is my longest chapter yet! (Is it a good size? Too long? Too short?)
Keep reading!
<3 Izz