Chapter XIII ~ Ian ~ Lunchtime with Misty

Start from the beginning

'Sitting in the drive thru! Sitting in the drive thru!' We sang, laughing at Misty's confused face.

'Feel free to join in,' I told her.

She shook her head and mouthed 'It's your thing, not mine' and smiled.

She's so sweet.

Taking us by surprise, we heard a young girl's voice, asking: 'Can I take your order?'

As Anthony was closest to the booth he ordered first: 'I'll have a number two,'

'Five', I joined in.

'And a five,' Anthony carried on. 'Cola?' he asked. I turned off the camera.

'Fanta.' I replied. Ordering food was like second nature to me now.

'And you Misty?' Anthony asked, turning round to face her.

'Could I have an eight with nachos please? I'll pay for us all,' she declared, holding out a twenty-dollar note.

'You're kidding,' I protested, 'We'll pay. It's lunchtime. Don't worry about it.'

We finished ordering, and then drove forward.

As we reached the paying booth, Misty undid her seatbelt and thrust the note to the spotty guy at the till, making him jump. I think one of his pimples burst...

'Aw Misty, you didn't have to do that!'

'Nah, I owe you at least some lunch. It's nothing.'

I smiled at her gratefully, and Anthony did the same, passing her the twenty cents change as he did so.

We picked up the food, putting it under my legs as we rambled on. I turned back on my camera and we resumed filming. We talked about tacos, forearms, foodgasms, the usual. As we drove back into the garage, Anthony shouted 'Hey barbershop pole, how's Ian's future wife?', referencing the 'barbershop pole' that I 'hate'... the fans seemed to love this joke so we tended to reference it every time we were in the garage.

'Screw you barbershop pole!' I roared, trying to look angry. I totally forgot about Misty in the back who looked completely perplexed by the whole situation. I tried to laugh it off, by telling her it was a tradition, but I couldn't help but feel I'd embarrassed myself. I liked Misty. I didn't want her thinking I was TOO weird, but I suppose she knew that already.

I grabbed the food, opened the door for Misty, bowing down. I carried the camera and the food into our front room and plopped it onto the glass dining table. Anthony took his usual seat, and I took mine. Misty pulled up a chair next to me.

'Do we film as we eat?' she asked. Her brown eyes gently sank into me, and it took me a second to process the question.

'Yeah... yes. Yes we do, yes we do,' I stuttered, sliding the camcorder back into my hand and turning it on.

'At last!' I declare. 'The unveiling of food. Prepare for awesomeness. Misty- you first.'

Misty grasped her number eight and pulled her extra nachos out the paper bag. Her meal was clearly heavily wrapped; it was huge. She tore open the paper as I filmed. To my surprise, she pulled out a humungous crispy taco, with beans, lettuce, chicken AND steak. I think she ordered more than me. I was pleasantly surprised though. At least this girl seemed to eat enough. Even Misty herself looked a little surprised at the size but smiled anyway, looking devilishly pleased with what she saw.

'Anthony?'

Anthony unwrapped his bean taco with steak, what he always got. He liked getting steak because Kalel ate vegan now, and at home he couldn't eat any meat. Whenever he came out with me or the Smosh Games crew he would get as much meat as humanly possible and savour every bite.