Breaking the news

Danny's P.O.V

I woke up and turned round and looked at the clock it read 08:00. I decided to sneak out and grab Jessie breakfast, I lent over and kissed Jessie on the cheek, she smiled but her eyes were still closed. I headed off to the deli shop down the road I got us both full English breakfasts. On my way home I got us both a Starbucks.

When I got back to the flat I took the stuff through to Jessie. She was already awake and watching tv. I put the plate on her lap and the coffee on the table next to her. She kissed me softly on the cheek and I smiled at her. "So what's the plans for today" I asked curiously

"Well I was thinking we could invite my parents over and tell them about the baby" she replied

"Yeah sounds great, I just hope your dad will be okay with it" i said

"He will be babe, don't worry" Jessie's sweet voice said soothing my ears.

Jessie's P.O.V

My parents knocked on the door and Danny answered as I was putting the final touches on dinner, well I couldn't trust Danny to make dinner could I? Danny led my parents to the table.

*30 minutes later*

"That was amazing Jessie" my mum said

"Thanks mum, I have news for you guys" Danny placed his hand on my thigh, I'm guessing to re-assure me. My mum and dad were now staring at me. "Well I'm pregnant, me and Danny are gonna have a baby together" my mum and dads expressions changed rapidly, they looked kind of disappointed, this hurt me. "Jessie, your kidding right? You and Danny haven't even been together that long and your not even married!" A lump formed in my throat and I knew If I spoke I would cry, that was the last thing I was expecting my mum to say.

Danny's P.O.V

Jessie's mum wasn't too happy about the news, I could see Jessie was hurt so I decided to butt in. "Elaine, Pete I know that me and Jessie haven't been together for that long but I really love her, I will stand by her and my son or daughter no matter what, I just hope that you two can be happy and support us?" I put my arm round Jessie as she was really upset now by her mothers response. "Jessie I know you are going to be a great mother and I'm so happy that you are bringing my first grandchild into this world and Danny I know you will be a great father too" Jessie's dad said, I looked at Jessie her face brightened up she waked over to her parents and hugged them both.

A while after Elaine and Pete had left me and Jessie headed through to the bedroom. "So dan when are you gonna tell your family" Jessie asked

"Well I've been thinking about that, would it be okay if I invite my ma to stay for a few days?"

"Yeah that's fine"

*1 week later*

Jessie's P.O.V

Today was the day Danny's mum was arriving, I was up bright and early running around like a headless chicken trying to make the place look presentable. I thought I was the one that was supposed to be taking it easy as I am pregnant? Obviously not.

*2 hours later*

"Jessie Jessie" Danny was saying while shaking me, I was lying on the couch I must have fallen asleep. "Oh sorry baby I must of fallen asleep" I quickly stood up and went over and gave Danny's mum a hug and she kissed me on the cheek. We all sat down and started to eat the food that Danny had brought back with him. "I have something to tell you ma" Danny said

"Spit it out" his mum replied

"Jessie's pregnant, we are going to have a son/daughter"

"Omg, I am so happy for you guys" Eileen replied beginning to cry.

We cleared up the dinner plates and we all sat down on the couch.

"So any plans for tomorrow jessie" Eileen asked me curiously

"Well I've got a scan"

"Aw that's great"

"Yeah ill show you the picture as soon as we get back, I'm a bit tired so I'm gonna head off to bed but ill speak in the morning"

"Night love"

I walked through and collapsed on to. my comfy bed and shortly drifted off.