Caught In Lies (part II)

I sat there staring at the ground until I heard two people walking down the hall and a key being entered into the key slot. The door opened up to reveal two people who quite franckly I wasn't to excited to see at the moment. 

"Lidia has some stuff she would like to explain." Nick said not even giving them a chance to make it completely into the room. You could tell Joe was about to pull an i told you so stunt like he knew what I was doing and Kevin just looked at me knowing something was up, but couldn't quite tell what. 

"Umm thanks Nick for that lovely introduction." I started all three of them gave me a death glare and looked act me like if I didn't continue explaining they would be down at the police station explaining why their little sister was murdered in their hotel room. "Umm so tonight at the dinner I met Cody. He asked me out to lunch tomorrow and mom said yes. I went up to his room to tell him and I was talking to him. We didn't do anything. He was nice enough to make sure I didn't get in trouble. Thanks a lot Mr. or should I say Mr.s'." I said staring all three of them down. Maybe I could pull a guilt trip and make them feel bad to get out of trouble. 

"So you lied to me?" Joe asked

"If I didn't you were gonna grill me then and there and I would have much rather get in trouble without the embaressment." I said suprised they hadn't started full force yelling at me. 

"Look we trust you enough to know that you won't make any stupid decissions. What if we all agree on the no alone with boys rule. If you wanna go hang out in his room take Kay. Alright?" Kevin said. I was amazed by his level headness through out this whole conversation. Of all of them I was expecting him to be the one to blow.  

"Okay. Sounds fine." I said knowing it was the only way I would ever be aloud to hang out with Cody or any boy for that matter. 

"Look it's like 12:30. You start heading back to your room. Big Rob said he's doing room check at 12:45 and if I hear either of you aren't present for that check that compramise we just made will be out the window and you can guarentee you won't be seeing Cody any more. Got it?" Kevin said he was a stickler for room check. He didn't care what your excuse was or where you were as long as you were under 18 you were held accountable for being in your room by room check. 

"Yes sir. Good night guys." I gave them all hugs and walked out of the room. When I reached my room I sat down on the floor in the hallway. I didn't want to face Kay yet because I to upset. Kevin was so level headed through out that conversation. There was something he wasn't telling me. Honestly I would have rather him just yelled at me then not put in his opinion. It killed me to know I dissapointed Kev enough for him to not just yell at me. I put my headphones in and listened to music. I closed my eyes. 

I felt a nudge on my shoulder and looked up. 

"Big Rob! Ummm" I said not sure how to explain why I was sitting on the floor in the hallway asleep. 

"You wanna talk Lidi?" How in the world did he know I was having a bad night?

"Will you tell Kev I wasn't in my room at room check?" I asked. 

"Only if you don't have a reasonable explanation of why you are out here sitting in the hallway." He said looking down the hallway. 

"Fine. I was caught lieing to Joe and I was with a boy no biggy right? They yell at me, we make up, we move on. Yeah the only part was Joe and Nick yelled just not Kevin. He hardly said anything. Infact he was on my flippin side. There's something he isn't telling me and it's kinda killing me and I hate it and I honestly don't know what to do. So I walked back down here and didn't want to talk to anybody so I just sat out here and must have fallen asleep. Cuz here you are checking rooms and here I am in the hallway. So you can just tell me to get in my room and go to sleep and tell Kev because I really don't care anymore." I said burrying my face in my hands and trying hard not to cry.