Doggie Duty (and not that kind of duty all you gutter minded people :P )

~~~~~~~~ I'm back!! Happy day-after-fourth to every one. Hope it was filled with fireworks and food because sadly I left the party due to dehydration... yeah not fun. So a note to all of you DRINK WATER. Just sayin :) Haha nyways I'll get back to the story and you get back to reading and when you're done tell me what you think or else... dun dun duuuun. Love you allz~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Lidi's P.O.V*

I trudged outside with my back pack and down the front lawn. It was work climbing the three steps on the bus because I was still half a sleep, but I made it. I walked past the lounge area and into the bunks. Kay had already strewn her stuff all over hers so I took the bunk on the left side in the middle. That way it wasn't like laying on the floor and I wouldn't fall getting up because I was on the top. Yes, I thought that through. It may be early, but I still have some common sense. I layed my pillow and bag down and went back into the kitchen/lounge area. I grabed a granola bar and sat down on the couch. 

"You look tired." Kay said super sarcasticly. 

"No duh. How are you not?" I answered back jelous of her over excitedness. In a way it sickened me that she could be so hyper so early. 

"I'm really not sure actually. Maybe it's the thought of being on tour and semi-famous and just being here and a way from the crap back home." The answer suprised me because she's really not one to continue thinking about the past. She ussually moves on rather quickly. Note to self: Keep an eye on Kay. 

"Alright is everybody here and acounted for?" Kevin Sr. asked. Every one glanced around the cramed bus now realizing how many people we had stuffed in such a small space. We all nodded and mentally took roll on who was and wasn't here. The driver got a call from the other buses saying we were good to go and we were off. 

"Well I love you all, but because Joe does not know how to wake people up nicely I am still tired. So I'm just going to go lie down and sleep for a couple hours." I said dismissing myself from the room, okay maybe more like a living cramed into a hallway, but hey you get what you get and you don't complain. 

"Okay honey see you in a little while." Mrs. Jonas answered back. I walked out of the room and went back to my bunk. I climbed in and shut the curtain behind me. I put my head phones in and turned on Fly With Me. This was going to be one long trip and this song was going to get me through it. 

---- A couple hours later-----

*Kev's P.O.V* 

It's been four hours on the road and we still have about 4-5 more. We had decided to stop for breakfast in the next city. As we approached the city I noticed I hadn't seen Lid in a while. She is ussually up by now seeing as how it's now 9:00 in the morning, and that girl has an internal alarm that wakes up magicly at 7:00am sharp every morning. It's kinda freaky actually. I got up from the couch and walked towards the bunks. I suddenly heard some mubbling. I immidiatly stoped to listen. 

"No stop! Why don't you love me any more? What did I ever do to deserve this? Why don't you love me? Why can't we be one happy family anymore?!" I heard Lidi cry. Then it turned into a quiet plead, "Please! I promise I won't let you down just please don't leave me." It kept going. I picked up my pace hoping for... well I honestly had no idea what to hope for. To be quite honest I had no idea what was going on let alone what to accpect. I got to the last column of bunks on the left. I flung open the curtain to find her curled up into a ball shaking. Her eyes were still closed and she was still mumbling when I got there. I realized she was having a nightmare. I picked her up and laid her in my lap. I rubed her back and started thinking about what I could do to calm her down. I started singing Fly With Me. It was her favorite song and I knew it would always comfort her. She woke up about three minutes later. She looked up at me with eyes filled with hurt, confussion, anger, and sadness. She huged me closed and tears started to flow. 

"Kevin?" 

"Yeah baby girl?' I answered. 

"Why? Why did this happen to me? Why can't I just go along with my life? Why can't I have the perfect family with the parents together and siblings and a family pet that every one pulls straws to find out who gets stuck feeding it and cleaning up it's unmentionables. Why can't my world just be perfect, flawless? Why does my dad not love me? Why did my mom have to die? Why?" I let her finish her rant and gave her a chance to breath. It broke my heart to see her like this. 

The bus pulled into the parking lot of a McDonalds and Joe came back to tell us we were here. He took one look at Lidi and sayed, "So I'll bring you back a McGriddle and a water and a chocolate shake for her?" I nodded my head and sayed thanks. Lidi just sat there crying. When she was done I gave her a hug and kissed her on the fore head. 

"You good?" I asked just to make sure she was okay. 

"Yeah. I'm sorry about my little rant earlier I was just confused and now I know I'm wrong." I looked at her quizically (is that a word?)

"And what exactly were you wrong about?" I asked thinking back on what she could possibly be worng about. 

"About not having the perfect family. Because I do. I have a perfect mother and father, siblings who love me and Nick's dog Elvis and Joe's dog Winston and your dog Riley and even though none of them are my dogs I'm almost positive that sometime over the next few months I'm going to be assigned doggie duty. And although it's gonna suck I'm going to be okay with that because I wouldn't trade it for the world." And with that she got up and walked into the living area to recieve her shake that had just arrived, leaving me speachless with tears in my eyes. It was at that point that I realized I was now an older brother to not just my little Lid but to Kay too. And now looking at it I knew it was gonna be a rollercoaster, but I was excited to see what it had in store. I know had... a little sis. And I wouldn't trade either of them for the world. 

~~~~~~~ And your welcome. I was feeling a little ummm how do I put this? I was feeling a little emotional I guess. Haha either way sorry for the sappiness I promise the next one will be a lil more uplifting. :) Tell me what you think! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~