Its Good to be Back

Devin ran up and hugged me. I did not hug back immediately, my brain was whirring. My whole life I was wondering how it would feel to be back here again with him. In his arms. And now I was. I finally hugged him back, shutting my eyes tightly not wanting this moment to end. I guess neither one of us really wanted to let go, but we had to. Despite me missing him, I couldn't do this again. I would have to leave Neverland eventually, again. And I wasn't going to break Devin's heart. Not again.
"I-I can't believe you're here," Devin said when he released me from his hug.
"Me either..." I replied, barely a whisper.
"Ooh," a Lost Boy named Jake said. "Look, it's Neverlands top couple back together."
A bunch of them laughed, either agreeing or just saying hi to me after such a long time away.
"Do you, want to go for a walk?" Devin asked, obviously sensing that we were not going to be able to do any talking here with all these boys. I didn't really want to. I knew I would have to answer so many questions. But I did. Devin deserved answers, even if there were no good reasons for what I did.
"Yeah," I said.
We walked a little ways, Devin was holding my hand. Nothing had been said yet. When I looked over at him, he seemed to be in thought, like he couldn't decide what he wanted to say. Finally, he spoke.
"Why'd you leave?"
"I...I don't know," I replied.
"Yes you do," he said, letting go of my hand and stepping one step ahead of me so we were face to face. "Don't lie to me, Ash. I know there's a reason. If there wasn't then you wouldn't have left. Was it me?"
"No! God, no. It wasn't you. I swear, I didn't have a choice. I had to leave. Please believe me," I told him.
"Why can't you just tell me?"
"Because if I did than everything would be different."
"Everything's different anyways," Devin said. "I want to know, Ash. Did one of the boys threaten you? Was there some kind of danger?"
"Devin, if I felt like I could tell you then I would. You know that. I swear to God, one day I will tell you. But I can't now, okay? Can we just not stay focused on that?"
"I don't think I can stop thinking about it," he said truthfully. "But I won't ask anymore. If you promise to tell me one day."
"I promise," I replied.
He smiled, "Good."
••••••
Things were not too awkward between Devin and I. The fact that I couldn't tell him what happened made the relationship, or whatever we had, a bit awkward. But we talked. I spent a lot of time with him more than anyone else. Henry had come back with some Lost Boys, he was relieved to see me, but he seemed scared to be on Neverland. I had not seen Pan yet.
"Ashton," Henry whispered to me. I think he had said my name before that a couple of time but I had been deeply thinking.
"Yeah?" I replied to him.
"Do you like being back here?"
"I just want to get you back to your family, kid," I told him.
"That doesn't answer my question. I know you were here before. I have the book, remember? Do you like being back here. I mean, did you miss it?"
"Some. Like you said, you have the book. You tell me." I paused. "Don't you find that weird sometimes? Knowing everyone's past and knowing their secrets? Like, how much does that book even tell you about people?"
"A lot," Henry said. "Normally."
"Normally?" I asked.
"There's only two people it doesn't give a huge background on."
"Who?"
"Peter Pan and...you."
"But...you knew about me leaving my dad and all. You just now said you knew I'd been to Neverland. What is there missing?"
Henry sighed. "Details. Everyone's stories tell everything that happened. But yours doesn't give much. It says travels roughly, but nothing that gives away your past. I knew you had come here because you were in the story of the Lost Boys. There's nothing about you that says you came here."
"That's...weird," I said. "Everyone else's stories expound rather big?"
"Yeah. It doesn't even say who your mom is."
I bit my lip. "Well, maybe I'm just special."
Henry smiled. "Or weird."
"Thank you," I said. "I take that as a compliment."

This is kind of short I'm sorry. I just wanted to start thanksgiving break off by posting something. I'm at one of my best friends house right now, than I'm going shopping so I don't know if I will be able to update again tonight but I am going to try and update again before break is over.
Love you babes!
Thanks for commenting and voting :-)
Liz xx