Release

Two updates, woohoo! This chapter is dedicated to @Linds_Camille because your comment was really sweet and when you babes comment it really motivates me to keep writing. I know someone is actually reading and enjoying the story:) Thanks babes
Liz xx

Disclaimer: right to ABC and Odette Beane.

The ambulance arrived a few minutes later, and we sent Kathryn to the hospital. Before going ourselves, we had an errand to run. We went right to the police station.
Mary Margaret was asleep on her cot when we went in, but she stirred when I closed the door.
"What is it?" she asked, seeing Emma stride up.
"You're free," Emma said. "I'm dropping the charges. Kathryn is alive."
"She's—what?" Mary Margaret said, sitting up, still groggy. "Can you even do that?"
"I don't know," Emma said, "but I'm doing it."
"How is she alive?"
"She's alive," I stepped in, "because she was never in danger. Not any real danger anyways." It was a hunch, but the hunch was developing in my mind.
Emma opened up the cell and Mary Margaret stepped out.
"Get home, get some rest, clean up. I've got a whole lot of questions. But one thing's for sure: you didn't kill anyone."
"But you knew that already," Mary Margaret said.
"Yes, I did."
Across town, Emma and I arrived at the hospital as Dr. Whale finished checking over Kathryn. David was there, sitting outside her room. He did not look well.
"How is she?" I asked David.
David looked up, and nodded at us. "I think she's okay, I don't know," his voice trailed off. "The whole thing..."
"How are you?" Emma asked.
"I don't know," he said. "Happy. Sad. Overwhelmed. I'm just so relieved she's alive."
"That seems honest," I said.
"Do you—do you know how Mary Margaret is doing?" David asked rather shyly.
"She's okay. She's relieved, too, obviously. But I think she's been pretty traumatized by all of this. As you might imagine."
"I want to talk to her...I need to talk to her," David said pleadingly.
"I know," was all Emma said in response.
"So what do I do?" David asked, when he realized Emma was going to offer nothing more.
"Maybe right now, the best thing is just to do nothing," Emma said. I noticed she left unsaid what all of us knew to be true: Mary Margaret did not want to see David. Not after he'd so easily lost faith in her.
David nodded.
He got it, I knew. He probably didn't want to think about it, but he got it.
We went into Kathryn's room.
Dr. Whale was saying something to Kathryn, and after a moment of listening, I realized he was talking to her about his watch. "...still the only Swiss watch with no Japanese parts, and it costs more because—"
What is it with this guy? I thought.
He stopped when he realized Emma and I were in the room.
"Sheriff. Deputy." He gestured toward Kathryn. "She's awake, as you can see."
Emma ignored him and went to Kathryn's bedside.
"Kathryn, I'm Emma Swan. We met at David's homecoming party."
"I remember," Kathryn said. "She's the deputy, you're the sheriff. And roommate with Mary Margaret." Emma heard some tone there. Not great tone.
"That's true," Emma said, "but I'm not here to play favorites. I don't want to take a lot of your time, but if you can remember what happened to you, or if you can help us in any way..."
Kathryn nodded.
"I don't remember much," she said. "I had a car accident. I remember the air bag going off. The next thing I knew, I was in the dark, in some basement. I didn't see anyone, but there was food and water. After that, I don't know. I guess I was drugged."
Dr. Whale nodded. "We're still trying to flush it out of her system," he said. "But she was. Definitely."
"I woke up in a field near the edge of town and just started walking," Kathryn explained. "That's all I can tell you."
"You never saw anyone?" I asked. "You didn't hear a voice, smell any perfume? Cologne? No details at all?"
"Nothing, I wish I could help, especially since...while I was gone, everyone thought I was dead? Is that right?"
Emma looked at Dr. Whale. "Who's been gossiping?" she asked.
Whale shrugged.
I really don't like this guy.
"I figured she needed to know," he said. "She'll read about her heart in the paper eventually, right?"
"Excuse me," Kathryn said. "My heart?"
"You don't have to worry about the details right now," Emma told her. "What's important is that you're safe."
"Although we do now know that somebody had to have doctored those DNA results," I said.
"DNA results?" Kathryn asked, confused. "What are you talking about? I really don't understand."
"Don't worry," Whale said, "Yours is still right where it's supposed to be. The police found a heart and it was believed to be yours."
Kathryn, looking terrified at this fact, turned back to Emma. "Who would do this?"
"Somebody trying to frame Mary Margaret," she replied simply. "We don't know who. Yet."
Kathryn shook her head. "Why?" she said. "Why would anyone do such a thing."
"We don't know."

Babes!! There's less than ten chapters left before Hook!!!!! I'm really excited! Is it weird for the author to get excited when they already know what is going to happen?
 Liz xx