Benediction

August POV

It's going on December and Ciara's mom actually moves in today and we're gonna help her move in.

"Victor should be here with her in a few minutes" Ci say

"Everything is set up in the room?" I ask

"Yea" She says

Her mom was gonna stay in the room her dad did. Like on cue,Victor walks in with their mother,she smiles and hugs us. We help her get situated and talk to her for a while,and enjoy each other's company. It really feels like we're one happy family,I look down at Ci and wrap my arm around her shoulder while smiling,I see a lot of great things happening for us. My phone vibrates and I see it's a text from Damon.

Damon 💯: You busy today?

Me: Yea,everything good?

Damon 💯: My mom trippin

Me: How?

Damon 💯: Goin on and on about how I'm turning into my dad and I'm nowhere near his character

Me: I'm open to talk all day if you want tomorrow

Damon 💯: Ok,what time?

Me: I'll pick you up from school,2:15 right?

Damon 💯: Yea

Me: See you then

Damon 💯: Aight

I'm starting to come to let things go in my life,just let it be. It was Sunday so we decide to go to the morning church service,we quickly get dressed and make our way to the church. When we get there we take our seats and follow along to the bible. The pastor reads scriptures and takes breaks as the choir sings,I look around and smile the church has been really good for certain feelings in my heart. It's like we're gathered here to pay our respects to being broke all those years. I hope my brother's in a better place,this life was not sweet at all. I would close my eyes to sleep but didn't dream no more,so I had to make a way for my home. Now I'm in a place where I ain't gotta scheme no more. I'm living the good life and I'm done with the hood life,I did what I could even though I didn't always do what I should have,and I was misunderstood a lot. So many nights I tried to hide how I felt and I would cry inside.

"Let's bow our head in prayer" The pastor says

I close my eyes and bow my head,saying my prayer.

"Our father,who art in heaven,I pray you free me from my demons and keep me level,I know you kept me out of prison,where I was headin when I heard somebody killed my brother,I hope he made it to your presence,for me he was a blessing,at least I know he's resting and he ain't out here stressing tryin to get to the good life and out of this hood life,I hope my father is resting also,I pray that my step pops lay off that crack pipe so mama can sleep at night,I know it's been hard on her,I was ripping through the streets and it was hard for her,now I'm up in hotels on the ocean shore when I used to sleep on the corner store floor,and I owe it all to you,Amen"

I lift my head and slowly open my eyes while clearing my throat,almost got choked up.

I know I did wrong a lot, but I prayed to God a lot that he forgave me,I made it and it didn't kill me,so it only made me stronger,I pray to God that everybody else could finally understand me. There were a lot of people dying around me and I just put it all into my album,Ci,Victor,Travis,Nicki,and Drake have been there for me since the beginning and I'm so grateful for that. Now that I have a lot of people's attention in the world,I need to end all negativity the right way.

A/N: August is so grateful for everything,it's a beautiful sight. Ms. Tanisha finna turn up with them or nah? Lol