Prologue

August POV

I was in my room packing up as much clothes as I can in 3 book bags. I don't have a huge amount so it should be easy. I'm not gonna lie my life is a living hell,my father is not in my life from drugs,God rest his soul,my step father is on drugs,mom stressed out,and I just recently got the worst news. My brother got killed and it's really taking a toll on me,especially since we were so close. His kids are like my own and I try to stay strong for them but it's hard. He always wanted me to find my way and pursue a music career. He thought I had a great voice and suggested I do that. I wrote Ciara,Nicki,and Drake a letter explaining that I'm leaving and even though I don't want to leave them,it's the best thing to do if I wanna get out alive. I look down at the picture of Mel and I start to cry a little. I look at the picture of me,Ci,Nicki,and Drake and shake my head. I hold the pictures close to my chest and take a few deep breaths. My room door opens and in comes them.

"What you mean you're leaving!?" Nicki yells

"I'm going to Atlanta" I say

"And you're just telling us?" Ciara asks

"I had to" I say

"We're you even gonna say bye to us or just leave?" Drake asks

I remain silence,I wanted to tell them when and get to spend time with them before I leave,but I couldn't bear to see them hurt.

"I'm sorry but I have to do this" I say

"But why?" Ci asks

"We all know if I stay it won't end well,it's dangerous and too many people know me" I say

"I promise I won't forget about y'all,I could never,just be strong" I say

"I love you all and I'll make you proud also" I say and hug them

I grab the bags and look around my room one more time. I look over to them and give them a small smile and walk out my room then the house. I already said bye to my mom so here we go. I walk down the cold dark streets of New Orleans and that's when it began.

A/N: I hope you all enjoy this story! Out of respect for August and his family I will not talk about his brother throughout the story! If I do it will ONLY be 2 or 3. First chapter will be posted soon!