Testify

August POV

I started working on my album recently and I think it will be really great,I recorded about 2-3 songs so far. My mom found out what me,Drake,and Victor did and she kicked me out her house,just like old times. Ciara let me stay with her and we've been so lit,we've been up late,watching movies,drinking,eating,doing whatever. I've been going back to the deep stage of depression and I'm Tryna stay sane to be honest. I was in Ciara room with her,watching TV with my head on her chest. I don't wanna sound like a perv but her chest is soft,that and her running her fingers through my hair are everything right now.

"You talk to your mom yet?" She asks

"No" I say

"Have you tried?" She asks

"Yea,but she don't wanna hear me so I'm done" I say

We told her what happened that night and she was just as shocked as we were. Still can't believe Davion was behind that.

"What you wanna do today?" She asks

"Honestly this is nice but we can do something if you want" I say

I get this warm feeling when I'm with her and I like it. It makes me a lil nervous cause it's the same way my ex made me feel but maybe it's nothing.

"Well there's no food here so we gotta go shopping" She says

"Alright let's go" I say

"And I have work later" She says

"Why so late?" I ask

"I don't know" She says

"Well I'll just be here then" I say

"August don't bring no bitches in my house" She says

"What ya talking bout?" I laugh

"August I'm serious,don't bring no fast lil girls in here,take em to a parking lot or go to they spot" She says

"Alright" I laugh

We get in my car and I drive to the nearest supermarket,we get out and get a cart and go inside. I pick up chips ahoy and Oreos and try to decide which one.

"Which one should we get?" I ask

"Get both" She says

We shop around for about another hour before we start making our way to the checkout. The cashier rings the stuff up then practically screams when she sees me.

"Oh shit! August Alsina!" She smiles

"Hello" I say

"I'm a huge fan,I have all your mixtapes and your EP,I was just playing it on my break,your struggle is so powerful" She says

"Wow,thank you" I say

I'm really shocked,I was not expecting anybody to say they were a huge fan of mine.

"Can I please get a picture?" She asks

"Sure" I say

Ci takes the picture and I look it over,it's really nice. I pay the total and we go back to the house. We put the groceries away and Ciara goes to change into her work clothes,she works at Red Lobster.

"I'm leaving now,bye August" She says

"See you later" I say

I hug her and kiss her forehead,she grabs her phone and walks toward the door.

"Don't forget what I said" She says

"I won't" I chuckle

She walks out and I go upstairs,I grab my song book and listen to the beat my producer sent to me. I get an idea for the song and the lyrics start flowing through my mind.

"I remember wakin' up, bein' broke but still it wasn't breakin us. I remember why I broke the rules, cause I ain't really have nobody to look up to. I remember cuttin' class, bein' bad, cause I ain't have what them other kids had. I remember wishin' that I knew my dad, then I remember wishin' I could get him back. For every night that he told me he was comin' and he didn't, for every single dollar that my mama 'nem was missin'. For everything I wanted and was told I couldn't get it and that I had to face it that my daddy was addicted (damn). That's right it wasn't easy growin' up, mama was exposin' us to life as she knew it so we all went through it. I remember bein' down and out, sleepin, on my homie's couch,in and out of trouble ever since my mama put me out. Damn it's gettin real, Damn it's gettin real. Didn't graduate, I'm thinkin damn I gotta deal. So I hit da block, sellin rocks just to eat a meal. So I grabbed da Glock, kept it cocked. Peace is being still. In da back of da tracks, my nigga's stayed wit da packs and if a nigga was schemin', my brother stayed with tha gat. Yea, yea we stayed in da trap, yea everyday in da trap,these hoes was chasin' da cheese, so we would stay wit da rats. And we was ridin down, dippin low, I stayed in da back. In the X5 stuntin, we ain't know how to act,spendin' money like it's nothin, cuz we gone get it back,17 never thought that I'd be gettin dem racks. Had a dream but I said I wasn't fuckin' wit that,Mel told me I would make it, I ain't fuckin wit that but he told me that it wouldn't hurt to give it a try,hardest thing out in New Orleans,never see 25. Right then I woke up, broke out, told my nigga's had to roll out, moved to the A and got motivated,that inspiration don't run out. Heard my brother got gunned down and it hurt me to my heart, so I kept grindin', I kept pushin', he told me to go far. So I can't stop at no crib, can't stop at no car, Gotta. Keep. Goin. Like there ain't no tomorrow. So I'm goin hard everyday, til I got nothin' to say, nothin' can stand in my way, I gotta stay, to show my nigga's a different way (waaayyy). Ima tell da truth and da whole truth cuz there ain't no need to lie and I ain't tryna keep it all inside so I gotta testify,for you and I,I testify."

I'm done keeping to myself,from now on I'm gonna speak my mind and express my thoughts and feelings ANYTIME. It's time to put my foot down.

A/N: Lol August better not bring no Heauxes over.