(12) EDITED NOV'019

Start from the beginning

Was he suggesting a date?

Or did he just want to hang out 'as friends'?

He did call me beautiful earlier, didn't that count for something?

But what if he calls everyone beautiful and it's just part of his vocabulary.

What if he acts all innocent and it's all ploy to deflect the fact he's a massive manwhore.

What if he's actually a psychopath and lures innocent brown-haired girls with freckles in to be slaughtered and then-

"I'm sorry for asking, you must think I'm a sleaze for asking you out without really knowing you,"

I tore myself away from my elaborated thoughts and stared at Ryan. He awkwardly rubbed at his jaw, his cheeks slightly tinged red as he focused his attention on the table in front of him not daring to look me in the eye.

Was he embarrassed?

Oh god, I was so stupid to not know his true intentions.

Of course, he's embarrassed, he asked me out and I decided to leave this planet and have a mental debate with my thoughts. He probably thinks by not responding I was rejecting his offer, which was far from the truth.

I thanked God for finally answering my prayers before responding.

"I would love to-"

"Yo Ryan,"

I froze.

That voice, I recognised it from my deepest nightmares. I felt myself internally scream and I hoped it didn't show on my face.

Fucking brilliant timing.

I felt his presence first from beside me and the familiar scent of his cologne wafted in my direction and up my nostrils. Damn it.

Why did he have to smell so amazing?

It would be so much better if he smelled like shit.

"Brody hey," My head shot towards Ryan.

My eyes widened at the sight of his beaming smile and lack of scowl. He stood up in his chair and both boys participated in some sort of weird handshake ritual.

"What are you doing in- oh right." I could feel Brody's stare boring into the side of my face and it surprised me how sour his tone had become.

"Hi," I strained so hard to force a smile I was afraid I might crap myself.

He had to just ruin my life, didn't he?

Could he not have waited a few seconds longer before opening his humongous mouth?

I mean Ryan had only started school today. I knew he was likeable but had he really just made friends with one of the most popular boys in school.

He didn't need to act as if they were bestfriends or even brothers-

"How your first-day bro?"