Rick Grimes - The Herd

"What happened out there?"

I was sitting on the floor in front of Rick. I couldn't control my sobs, my actions, or the shivering. This was too much. I couldn't control anything. I can't replaying it in my mind.

Flashback

We were on the dumpster. A herd of walkers were surrounding us. This was more than a herd. This was about a thousand walkers around us. I hoped that Michonne got home safe. I prayed that Daryl, Sasha, and Abraham was alright. We weren't going to make it out of this.

I never did get to tell Rick that I loved him. I would never hold little Judith again. I wouldn't get to see Carl, Maggie, Carol. No one.

I shuffled over to Glenn and gave him a hug. This was it. I was going to die. I gave Nicholas a sad smile. I was going to sacrifice myself for them. Glenn had Maggie, and Nicholas had Mikey. I didn't have anyone. At least my death wouldn't be in vain.

I passed Glenn my gun. I stepped towards the end of the dumpster, away from them.

"Aim for th-."

BANG

I watched helplessly as they both fell into the crowd of walkers. Thank you. I had ignored Nicholas' previous words.  Walkers clawed into Nicholas' back. I couldn't tear my eyes away when they started on Glenn. I felt sick. I wanted to throw up. I couldn't watch.

I managed to jump on the other side of the fence before the walkers grabbed me. A walker had just tore into Glenn's face when I was perched on top of the fence. They always say save the last bullet, but I couldn't.

The last bullet was supposed to be for me. Glenn was being torn apart and he had my gun. I hopped off the fence and ran.

The screams were the worst. Hearing those screams of pain, screams of horror, and screams of just pure terror was killing me. It should've been me. It should've been me. All I had left was the flare gun. Hopefully, this would work, because I needed to get back to Alexandria.

I was coated in so much blood. Was it Nicholas' blood? Was it Glenn's? Was it from all the people that died today? Was it from the walkers?

I couldn't bring myself to fire the flare gun. Michonne would think we were fine. It was only me. I was the only one left. I felt so sick. I was covered in so much blood. The thick red liquid covered me completely. I couldn't think straight.

I found a car to stay in for the night, but I couldn't sleep. So much stuff was on my mind. Glenn's death kept going over and over. I could see it whenever I closed my eyes. I could still hear the screams. I could smell the fresh blood.

I covered my mouth as I sobbed silently. I couldn't go back to Alexandria after this.

Covered in blood the next day, I made it back to the walls. Walkers surrounded the place. I could leave and never come back. My family was in there. I couldn't just leave them. Michonne had saw and I was let in.

Flashback Over

"I've known Glenn forever. We've been together before Atlanta. How am I supposed to deal with this? He is my brother. He's gone. He's gone. I was..we were supposed to be the godparents to each other's kids. We were gonna live beside each other.

I don't deserve to be here, Rick. It should've been Glenn and Nicholas in my place. Why am I still alive? I can't live without him. It's always been us. Glenn and Y/N against the world. Glenn and Maggie were supposed to give me nieces and nephews. What am I going to do? Maggie?"

"You're gonna live, Y/N. You came back. You got here. That means you're supposed to live."

"Not without Glenn."

"We're all hurt over Glenn, Y/N. We have to focus on surviv-."

"I don't wanna survive, Rick! I was going to die in their places! Why did Nicholas do that? I was ready to die! I have no reason to live!"

"What about Carl and Judith?"

"They have you."

"Maggie? You were with Glenn when he died. You're giving her some closure."

"I don't care."

It was then I realized that Rick was crying. I forgot that Rick was Glenn's friend. I had forgotten about everyone else.

I wiped my nose and stood up. I could tell Rick how I really felt about him right now. I could end this all, but I walked away. Daryl wasn't back. I couldn't rest. I slipped quietly out of the house. I saw Rick stepping out and I followed him.

I wished I hadn't. I watched as Rick kissed Jessie. I really didn't have anything to live for. I could end this all now. I walked towards the gate. I could end this all now. I would throw myself over the gate and into the walkers.

I didn't deserve to live. Alexandria was going to fall down after this. We lost too many people. I couldn't stay here after this. I swung my leg around the wooden pole.

"What do you think you're doing?!"

I jumped when I heard the whispered voice of Rick. I turned away quickly and almost fell trying to unwrap myself from around the pole.

"Nothing."

"Why were you trying to leave?"

"I wasn't trying to, Rick."

"You weren't?"

"No. Leave me alone."

I stomped away from the man. I didn't anticipate that he would come behind me. I didn't think that he would grab me.

"Why are you acting like this, Y/N?"

"I don't have any family. I don't have anyone to love me. Just let me die."

"What are you talking about? We are your family. We love you."

"Do you, Rick?"

I couldn't control myself. I kissed him. Full on the lips. He didn't respond at all and I pulled back embarrassed. I wasn't good enough for him. This was horrible. I ran away from him. Hopefully, Eric and Aaron would let me stay with them for tonight.

A/N

Hey guys! I hope you like this! This will have another part to it so be waiting!!! Thanks for reading!!! Smooches!!