Daryl Dixon -Young (Pre ZA)

You rolled your eyes as Merle Dixon slapped your butt again. You had been working as a waitress at the local diner for two weeks. The Dixon's were regulars even though it had been rumors that Merle was leaving.

Daryl wasn't that bad. You found yourself looking at the younger Dixon while you worked. He was...very handsome to say the least. He didn't talk much at all and only talked to Merle. You knew they lived in a trailer at the worst part of town but you didn't judge them. They had had a hard life and the fact that they were still going was amazing.

"Peaches! Get ya cute tail back here! I need a refill!"

For some reason Merle had started to call you that. You rolled your eyes before walking over to their table and pulling down the small skirt you had on.

"Yes Merle?"

"Well would ya look at tha' baby brotha? Peaches knows mah name!"

Daryl mumbled something under his breath before returning to his food. You waited expectantly for Merle to tell you what he wanted.

"Now, ya know tha' I'm gonna be leavin' mah baby brotha soon?"

"No, Merle, I didn't know that."

"Well I need ya ta take care of lil' Darylina here."

"I'm pretty sure Daryl is capable of taking care of himself."

You gave a quick glance to the quiet redneck who was biting on his thumb. Daryl was too adorable and he didn't even realize it.

"Well, I'm leavin' taday. So look afta mah brotha."

"I will."

You shot Daryl one of your winning smiles before going to take someone else's order. Merle Dixon left for the military that night.

Next Day

Daryl was sitting at his booth but without Merle. It was so different to see Daryl without Merle.

"Hey Daryl! What can I get ya for today?"

He looked at you with wide, startled eyes before looking down at the menu. You stared at the youngest Dixon in shock. This was the first time he had ever looked at you. His eyes were so blue and pretty.

"I wan' a burger and fries."

"Okay! They'll be right to you! Anything to drink?"

"A Coke."

You came back with his Coke and handed him a straw. You stood there awkwardly for a second before turning to walk away.

"Y/N righ'?"

"Yeah that's me. What's up?"

"Can ya sit fo' a second?"

"Sure Daryl what's up?"

"Nothin'."

It got quiet as the male in front of you looked down. You stared at his face for a few moments before rubbing his hand. He tried to pull it away but you gave it a gentle squeeze.

"You don't have to worry about paying Daryl. I know you're having a hard enough time without Merle. It's on the house "

"I don' need ya pity."

"I'm not giving you pity Daryl."

You walked to the counter and grabbed his food from the cook. You placed it on his table along with your receipt. You gave him a small smile before writing your name and your number on the back.

"Call me sometime Mr. Dixon."

It took three weeks but Daryl finally called you.

A/N

Hey guys!! I hope you like this chapter!!! It's gonna be another part to this so be looking for it!! Thanks for reading!!! Smooches!!!!