Chapter Thirty

Chapter 30

It was Saturday night and I was beyond excited for the beach party tonight. The entire day I had spent with Brett and I even managed to give him his birthday present the newest Call of Duty game and a Hollister sweater that I thought he might like. He liked both of them which I was happy about and I was pretty sure he was probably going to be playing COD all day on Sunday.

I pulled on my midnight blue dress; it was strapless and flowed down and stopped just before my knees. It also had a silver ribbon around the waist and I paired it with my silver heels. I wore my hair in ringlets down my back and wore a few silver bracelets on my wrist and a silver necklace.

Zoey wore a gold and black dress that flowed out, it had thin straps and a fancy design on the bust. She wore black stilettos with it, and I honestly wondered how she could walk in them.

Shelby was wearing a light pink halter style dress that reached to her mid-thigh. The halter top was silver and jeweled all up the straps. She wore silver heels with it and several silver bracelets.

We all looked beautiful to be honest and I couldn’t wait until we got to the beach house.

Zoey flagged down a cab for us all since Brett wasn’t leaving until a little bit later and plus I didn’t want to ride on his motorcycle while wearing a dress; I couldn’t even imagine how badly that would end.

“So you and Brett eh?” Shelby nudged me and I blushed.

“He asked me to be his girlfriend again,” I said with a smile, “and I said yes.”

She squealed and pulled me in for a hug. “Oh my gosh, really?” she asked excitedly.

“Yup, we are officially boyfriend and girlfriend as of yesterday,” I told her.

“You and Brett are back together?” Zoey asked and I nodded. She grinned. “To be honest I was pretty sure you two were going to get back together at some point.”

“Really?” I asked.

She nodded just as a cab pulled up. We all climbed in and Shelby told the guy our destination, he seemed pretty thrilled about how far away it was because it meant more money for him. The entire ride to Cole’s beach house was spent talking about mine and Brett’s relationship and everything that happened yesterday. I left out the whole sex part considering I didn’t really feel that they should know everything about my love life with Brett. I did tell them that he told me he loved me and that I said it back, they were both pretty happy about that part.

When we arrived at Cole’s beach house we noticed that there wasn’t very many people here yet, but then again it was only nine right now, and people probably wouldn’t start showing up until ten. Brett said he wasn’t going to be here until ten-thirty so I have to wait around until then for him.

Zoey ran off to find Jamie since he was here earlier helping Cole so as soon as we walked in the door she was gone. Shelby and I were left alone while Zoey went and messed around with her boyfriend…

“How’d things go with Sean?” I asked her.

She frowned. “He said that it was a stupid mistake and that he isn’t going to do it again but I’m not stupid enough to fall for his bullshit so I told him to screw off,” she explained proudly.

“Nice job,” I said smiling at her. Honestly Shelby is like my idol, she can tell anyone to screw off and they will never bother her again. I unfortunately am not like that considering Chase has followed me around for nearly two and a half years.

“He wasn’t too happy about it but whatever it’s his problem, I really couldn’t care less about what he does now,” she said. Just then Shelby’s phone started ringing. She glanced at the caller ID and grinned. “I’ll see you later!” she said before scurrying off in her incredibly high heels.