Chapter Thirteen

Chapter 13

I spent the entire weekend with Brett; we had a lot of fun actually even though we didn’t go anywhere. Saturday we spent in my dorm watching movies with Zoey, Shelby, and Sean. I really felt bad that Zoey didn’t have anyone to hang around with so on Sunday morning I decided to officially introduce her to Jamie instead of having them awkwardly look at each other when I have class with both of them.

We were eating breakfast, it was Shelby, Zoey, Brett Sean, and myself, when I saw him walk by. I pretty much dropped my bagel on my plate and sat up from the table. They all were giving me this weird look as I ran towards Jamie.

Jamie didn’t seem to notice my arrival until I fully put myself in front of him. “Jamie, I haven’t talked to you in days!” I explained. “Why don’t you come sit with me?”

He gave me this weird look. “Alright, but I have to tell-“

“They’ll be fine without you,” I said grabbing his hand and dragging him towards my table.

“Guys this is my friend Jamie,” I said. “Brett already knows him but the rest of you probably don’t.” They all gave me a look that read ‘what the hell is going on?’ but I ignored it. “This is Shelby, Sean and Zoey,” I said gesturing to each of them in turn.

They each said a simple hi except Zoey, whose face went bright red. “Here sit down!” I said forcing him to take the seat I had been sitting in that was right next to Zoey. I grabbed my bagel and walked around the other side and taking a seat next to Brett.

Brett looked over at me. “What are you doing?” he asked.

“I’m setting them up,” I said with a shrug.

“Oh god,” Brett said running a hand through his dark hair.

“What?” I asked.

“That’s so awkward,” Brett said.

I decided to ignore him and turned to Zoey and Jamie. “So Zoey,” I started getting the attention of everyone at the table. Zoey stopped eating her toast and gave me terrified look. “How’s your drawings going?”

Everyone turned to look at her. “They’re going good,” she said.

“You draw?” Jamie asked. Zoey nodded. “Oh my god so do I!”

Her eyes lit up and she smiled at him. “You wanna come to my dorm after and I’ll show you my drawings?”

He smiled. “That sounds good.”

I turned to Brett. “I should be the matchmaker here,” I whispered with a huge smirk on my face.

“Whatever,” he teased.

And that’s basically what happened on Sunday. Shelby and Sean went out, Brett and I hung out in his dorm and Jamie and Zoey showed each other their drawings and overall it was a good day.