Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter 25

Brett and I were going to the wedding today, Jacob and his new girlfriend were coming to pick us up and drive us to where the wedding was. I was a little nervous going to this wedding considering my parents would be seeing Brett again and I was kind of terrified that it wouldn’t work out and they would all hate each other.

The entire drive there consisted of Brett and Jacob talking about cars, and Jacob’s girlfriend, Megan and I talking about how excited we were for the wedding. We were staying in a hotel tonight where we would be able to get ready to go to the wedding.

The drive there was about two hours long and I was happy when we pulled up at the hotel. Brett and Jacob carried our bags into the hotel while we headed in to get our rooms. Our parents were staying in this hotel too; I just had no idea where, we were supposed to meet them for supper in half an hour so we had to check in quickly.

“Floor five, room 501,” Megan announced flipping her brown hair over her shoulder as she walked back over to us. We had two keys so me and Jacob got them. We rode the elevator up to our rooms and headed down the hallway.

“Five hundred and five… five hundred and four… five hundred and three…” Brett said as he led us down the hallway. “Ah here it is,” he stopped in front of the door and I handed him my key before he unlocked the door and we headed inside.

The hotel was nice; my parents had said it was five stars so I guess it was supposed to be nice. Jacob headed for the mini fridge first and opened it revealing a bunch of food and drinks. “Holy crap!” he said. Brett walked over abandoning his suitcases on the floor and looked in the fridge.

“Hell yeah!” he exclaimed slapping Jacob a high five. Megan and I both rolled our eyes. I checked the clock and decided to change into something nicer for lunch. I dug in my suitcase while Brett face planted into the bed. “Ahhh,” he said rolling over on his back making me laugh.

“You don’t go to hotels often, do you?” I asked him as I spotted a dark blue floral summer dress in my suitcase. I pulled it out and decided to wear it, grabbing the dark blue wedges from my suitcase too.

“Not this nice of a hotel!” Brett explained.

“Yeah, this is definitely the nicest hotel I’ve been in,” Jacob said watching as Brett rolled around on the bed. “I guess since you claimed this bed we’ll take this one.” Jacob plopped down on the other bed.

“Where am I sleeping?” I asked.

“With me!” Brett said winking at me. I rolled my eyes at him. “Just kidding, I can take the couch.”

I smiled. “You don’t have to do that,” I told him.

“I really don’t want you to have a sore back especially since you have to walk in those crazy high heels tomorrow,” Brett said with a knowing smirk.

“Are you sure?” I asked as I headed into the bathroom.

“Positive!” I heard him yell.

I smiled and closed the door changing into the dress and running my fingers through my blonde hair. It was curly and soft today since I had showered this morning before I left. The dress fell to my knees and puffed out a little, it had thin dark blue straps that held it up. I grabbed my shoes and headed out of the washroom. They were all still sitting there, only as soon as I left the bathroom Megan headed in there with some clothes in her hands, she obviously thought she should change too.

Brett was gawking at me and I couldn’t help but laugh. He looked so cute with his eyes brows raised as a smile formed on his face. “You look so pretty,” Brett said.