Chapter Twenty-Eight

Chapter 28

Do you ever get a bad feeling in the pit of your stomach?

That’s what I was feeling right now; honestly I was a little nervous and paranoid that something bad was going to happen, I just don’t know what it is and that’s probably what scares me the most.

On Monday at lunch I met up with Shelby and Zoey to discuss this weekend. Since it was Brett’s birthday we had to figure out what we were going to do. I also had to figure out what I was going to get him for his birthday which I planned on getting on Thursday since we were going shopping after school that day.

“Apparently Cole is having another party at his beach house for his birthday,” I announced.

“Really?” Zoey asked frowning slightly. “Why couldn’t we have done that for mine?”

Shelby and I exchanged a glance. “I’m just kidding guys my party was great!” she laughed.

I shook my head to clear my thoughts. “How the hell are we supposed to get alcohol?”

“I could ask one of the seniors,” Shelby shrugged. “How much are you guys willing to chip in for it?”

“No idea depends how much we need,” Zoey said then she turned to me. “Brett knows about this party right?” I nodded. “Okay, just making sure.” She sighed and looked down at her laptop that she was typing our ideas on.

“What’s up ladies?” Brett said sitting down next to me and grabbing the chocolate cupcake off my plate. I glared at him but he ignored me and took a giant bite before debating whether or not he should give it back or eat the rest. He ate the rest.

“Planning your party,” I said.

“You guys are planning my party?!” he asked with a mouth full of food making Shelby look away and start gagging.

“Shut your mouth Brett, no one wants to see that!” she muttered giving him a disgusted look.

“What?” he said opening his mouth really wide for her to see the chewed up food.

“You’re disgusting!” she glared at him.

“Anyway,” I said ignoring them. “Yes, we are planning your party considering I’m pretty sure Cole isn’t going to and we need to have some sort of control.”

Brett shrugged. “I was just going to tweet it and hope for the best.”

I sighed. “Well we are planning it, now go away!”

I swear he’s the most annoying person ever.

Brett finished his cupcake and kissed me on the cheek. “See you guys later!” he called as he headed out of the cafeteria. Shelby and Zoey both waved a good bye and I just rolled my eyes at him. When I turned to face Shelby and Zoey again I could see Chase across the room from me glaring at the back of Brett’s head and once again that sickening feeling came back.

“Guys?” I said making them both look up at me. “I have a really bad feeling in my stomach.”

“Maybe you’re getting you’re… you know…” Shelby trailed off.

“No,” I said shaking my head at her, “I’ve got the feeling that something horrible is going to happen.” I bit my lip waiting for their reactions.

“I don’t know, I’m sure it’s nothing,” Zoey shrugged going back to her laptop. I turned my attention to Shelby waiting to see what she would say.

“Relax, Ally nothing bad will happen,” she said. I looked behind her to see Chase staring at me, watching with curious eyes. I gulped and looked down at the table just as the bell rang.