Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter 21

In the morning I wasn’t looking forward to school, I couldn’t even think about seeing Brett today and all those sympathetic and apologetic looks he would give me at school, so I told Shelby and Zoey to tell my teachers that I wasn’t feeling good today (that technically wasn’t a lie, I am suffering from heartbreak even though we weren’t even together).

I just spent my day lounging around our dorm trying to get my mind off of Brett, which was really hard considering I care about him a lot but he won’t even let me help him. It’s not my fault I wish for peace all the time!

I found a tub of ice cream in the back of the freezer so I decided to eat that because I have nothing else to do with my life. Honestly I just wanted to go back home and pretend my life is normal, but I knew that would never happen.

I sat on the couch curled up in a blanket, eating my cookie dough ice cream while I watched The Notebook when the door opened and Shelby and Zoey walked in. they dropped their bags on the floor and I could see Zoey walking over to me, her eyes staring at the pale of ice cream on my lap, maybe ice cream really does help with heartbreak…

She grabbed my spoon and took a huge spoon full of ice cream, shoving it into her mouth afterwards. “Nice choice,” she said handing me back my spoon.

I couldn’t help but smile at her. She smiled back obviously proud that she made me smile. “You probably don’t wanna talk about Brett right now but he asked where you were today so I said you didn’t feel very good. You should have seen the look on his face, he looked so guilty,” Zoey said wincing slightly.

I bit my lip I hated having him feel so sad about this…

No, stop Ally! He’s a douche bag, and he doesn’t deserve to be your friend!

It was his fault! He should be the one apologizing.

“Anyway, enough about Brett your way too good for him,” Zoey said smiling sympathetically at me. “You need to get dressed, girl, we’re taking you somewhere.” Zoey grabbed the ice cream off my lap and set it down on the table before grabbing my hands and pulling me up.

“Put something warm on!” Shelby called as I went to my room.

Oh God where are those to crazy people taking me? I looked behind me to see Shelby smiling excitedly while Zoey was digging in to her ice cream.

After I dressed in jeans and a hoodie (Brett’s hoodie actually), I headed back into the living room where I saw both of my best friends sitting waiting for me. Shelby took one look at the sweater and shook her head, while I smiled sheepishly at her.

“Let’s go then, and get this over with,” I muttered as Shelby linked my arm with hers and pulled me towards the door. I slipped on my converse shoes and followed them out the door and down the hallway.

After Shelby finally got a cab we headed down the road, they had whispered something to the cab driver so I probably couldn’t hear where we were going, even though I was desperate to know I decided to just stay quiet! All I wanted to do was run home and hide in my bed for the next four thousand years.