Chapter Eleven

Chapter 11

I thought for a moment just to make him worry a little. I looked up at him and smiled. “Yes,” he was about to fist pump the air but I stopped him, “but will you do something for me?”

“What’s that?” he asked.

I took a deep breath. “I want you to stop smoking.”

He sighed. “I had a feeling that was coming.”

“Will you?” I asked giving him my puppy dog eyes.

“I know how bad it is for me, and I will try my best to stop smoking,” he explained.

“Good,” I said. “Now I’m pretty sure my parents will like you a little better,” I admitted.

He chuckled. “Yeah I suppose me showing up with a cigarette in my mouth wouldn’t be very good.”

I nodded and smiled. I pulled him in for a hug. “I’m glad you’re my boyfriend.”

He wrapped his arms around my body and kissed my forehead. “Me too.”

“Oh well isn’t this cute,” Kendra said from behind me.

I pulled away and glared at her. “Go away,” I muttered. I felt Brett slip his hand into mine, as he stood beside me defensively.

“What did I tell you about hanging around Brett?” she asked. “I thought we came to an agreement?”

“Screw you,” I yelled. “Do whatever the hell you want; I can date who ever I want! Bring it on bitch.”

She smiled and turned walking back down the hallway. I turned to look a Brett he had this confused look on his face, “Since when did she get a black eye?”

I chuckled. “After you left that night she grabbed my arm and told me to leave you alone and-“

“Holy crap did you punch her?” he asked with a huge grin.

“No but Zoey did,” I said.

“Remind me to high five her later,” he grinned. “Now what do you say we ditch this joint and go do something else?” he asked.

I smiled. “As much as I hate skipping school let’s do it, the bells going to ring any minute.”

He gripped my hand tighter and pulled me out of the main doors and into the main lobby of the school. Mrs. Palone was too busy playing games on her computer to notice us quietly making our way out the doors. As soon as we got outside I pulled my phone out, “I’m just going to text Shelby and Zoey to let them know I’m leaving with you.”